• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid Vaccine fiasco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'd be delighted for such people to go to the back of the queue.
    I am, but that's by age.

Presumably they're starting with the oldest most at risk and working their way down the age groups after first dosing those working in the most risky places. Though my gran at 96 hasn't yet been called up.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I'm very positive.
      I sincerely hope not.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Well, as if anti-vaxxers needed an actual reason to skip it
      They'll make one up regardless of the facts.

Roll out here has started. I expect I'll be vaccinated (Pfizer) in April.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I sincerely hope not.

They'll make one up regardless of the facts.
        Except for my hero Simon Dolan*, who will leverage facts and analysis to deliver a crisp and accurate analysis.

* Simon Dolan is not an anti-vaxxer and will sue any newspaper who says he is (and rightly so).

Comment

It seems to me that there are actually two objectives, to minimise the demand on hospital services by protecting those most likely to need them if they catch Covid and to create herd immunity over a reasonable timescale since immunisation means exactly that - the virus can still be out there but you won't be affected by it.

Of course the real fear in the biomedical fraternity (i.e. those who do actually understand the science) is that a mutation comes along that will render the vaccines ineffective, putting us back to square one. That's why we have annual updates on the flu virus but people still catch it. The hope is that the immune response to coronavirus (which flu isn't) will work quite widely, but it is only a hope.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

They are already on to the 70-80 age group locally, seems like they are doing a good job to me, but some will find reasons for misery.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              They are already on to the 70-80 age group locally, seems like they are doing a good job to me, but some will find reasons for misery.
              Sounds about right. Just because the UK government has done a shocking job re some areas of the pandemic shouldn't stop us being fair-minded when it comes to the UK vaccination programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                I am, but that's by age.

Presumably they're starting with the oldest most at risk and working their way down the age groups after first dosing those working in the most risky places. Though my gran at 96 hasn't yet been called up.
                Depends where you live.

Just before Christmas heard a hospital in SE London asking for more 80+ year olds to ring up and make appointments. Seems that that one appeal on the local news was enough as they didn't make another.

In my area the GP surgery doing the vaccinations has the care home my GPs' practice dumped on its books.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I worry Govt will let virus rip through the rest once they solve what they view as a big PR problem of lots of deaths in older population

Long Covid is not fun

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I worry Govt will let virus rip through the rest once they solve what they view as a big PR problem of lots of deaths in older population

Long Covid is not fun
                    Like they are letting it rip through school children?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Like they are letting it rip through school children?
                      Bigger scale - think free tickets to packed cinemas ...

Comment

Working...
                      X