• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid Vaccine fiasco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's not nice.
    True. Apologies for over-reacting. However...

I think he needs to go back to basics - after all everyday is a learning day.
    There's been enough written about the vaccine and how it works (it's not a killed or live attenuated one like smallpox or flu, it triggers the human immune response directly by imitating viral transfer RNA. Bacteria are fought with chemicals that attach to key proteins within the bacteria and kill them or prevent them reproducing directly) that comments such as Hobosapien's are only demonstrating an unwillingness to learn. Or deliberate feigned ignorance which is every bit as stupid and counter-productive.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You do know bacteria and viruses are different organisms?

I suggest you dig out a GCSE textbook so you understand this.
      Nah, more fun winding up the blowhards who remember more of their education than I.

If they are AI sockies then that is a tad embarassing however.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Nah, more fun winding up the blowhards who remember more of their education than I.
        That's not fun, merely tedious time-wasting. And making you read a long boring post or two from someone who's not been fooled for a minute. As for boasting about it, that's merely showing off
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          We are weeks ahead of the Europeans. And Americans.

There is cleary British level shiftiness going on.
          Coronavirus: Israel leads vaccine race with 12% given jab - BBC News

I'm guessing Israel and us got the same initial volume. The numbers look right.

MI6 and Mossad must have have blackmailed the same person.

France though.

Comment

You do know bacteria and viruses are different organisms?

I suggest you dig out a GCSE textbook so you understand this.
            Is a virus an organism?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Is a virus an organism?
              I'd say yes. Whether it is alive is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I'd say yes. Whether it is alive is another matter.
                Whether a virus is classed as a living organism is a debatable subject in the scientific world. An just to put the spanner in the works, some (rare) viruses can attract or make the conditions suitable for bacterial infections.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Whether a virus is classed as a living organism is a debatable subject in the scientific world. An just to put the spanner in the works, some (rare) viruses can attract or make the conditions suitable for bacterial infections.
                  Agreed. "Life" requires reproduction and exhibiting negative entropy: since a virus is basically a chunk of RNA or DNA in a protein shell, it can do the former but not the latter since they don't feed, getting their energy by subverting the host cell. I'm not sure that the relevant authority has included them in the plant or animal Kingdoms yet, although they have their own taxonomy. But it's been a long time since I had to take an interest in such details!
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Life is conception.

Comment

Life's a bitch, and then you die.

Comment

Working...
                      X