• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London drone show...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London drone show...

Man that's mad. That's the future isn't it. Very cool indeed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

London drone show...

I live opposite o2 they have been flying about past 4 nights from midnight till 5am practicing - all jolly good fun

Most of tonight was not tonight just super exposed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 1 January 2021, 00:20.

Comment

We beat the world!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Give it five years and London will look like some futuristic Sci fi city with flying advertising everywhere.

Definitely a lot of money to be made in this area.

Comment

Didn't see it, but they've been doing it in China for years.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            But not in Sydney, Auckland, Dubai, Paris or Thailand.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              They used them at the 2018 winter Olympics in South Korea during the opening ceremony as well

Comment

I'd like some technical details, like how big those drones are.

I heard an interview with a guy who put on the show and he said they are each programmed to hit certain GPS co ordiantes at certain times and didn't mention anything about them communicating with each other to avoid collisions.

Comment

The Maduro attempt a couple of years ago was, I think, how it is going to go in future.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                    I'd like some technical details, like how big those drones are.

I heard an interview with a guy who put on the show and he said they are each programmed to hit certain GPS co ordiantes at certain times and didn't mention anything about them communicating with each other to avoid collisions.
                    Because I doubt there is any. He didn't go in to any more detail as it's probably too complex for your average bod and it's a company secret. I imagine anti collision would be in the software used to make the path, exactly like a CNC program. It dry runs it and does it's collision detection. When there is no clash it runs.... Anti collision capability would screw up the choreography during the show so won't work I wouldn't have thought.
                    I'd imagine there are a few different ways of approaching. A simple path in each drone or highly complex inter drone communication. Both could be used for a show I'd imagine.

Would be interesting you are right so deffo gonna have a look at it when I've got time. Maybe NF can help us out here. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already written something that's better than what they've got already.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 1 January 2021, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                    X