• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London drone show...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because I doubt there is any. He didn't go in to any more detail as it's probably too complex for your average bod and it's a company secret. I imagine anti collision would be in the software used to make the path, exactly like a CNC program. It dry runs it and does it's collision detection. When there is no clash it runs.... Anti collision capability would screw up the choreography during the show so won't work I wouldn't have thought.
    I'd imagine there are a few different ways of approaching. A simple path in each drone or highly complex inter drone communication. Both could be used for a show I'd imagine.

Would be interesting you are right so deffo gonna have a look at it when I've got time. Maybe NF can help us out here. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already written something that's better than what they've got already.
    I can't imagine that GPS location is so precise that these drones could avoid hitting each other. And the slightest wind would blow them all over the place, nullifying any previous calculations on the paths.

I thought the drone/airport crisis a few months ago was fascinating. It never was even clear that there were drones and it could have just been mass panic. Also, it seems to me very possible that you could set up drones programmed to fly through the airport at intervals and then land on a charging pad somewhere until it was time to take off again and run for days without human interventions. AFAIK, this wouldn't be stopped by the current system of jamming RC signals.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      I can't imagine that GPS location is so precise that these drones could avoid hitting each other. And the slightest wind would blow them all over the place, nullifying any previous calculations on the paths.

I thought the drone/airport crisis a few months ago was fascinating. It never was even clear that there were drones and it could have just been mass panic. Also, it seems to me very possible that you could set up drones programmed to fly through the airport at intervals and then land on a charging pad somewhere until it was time to take off again and run for days without human interventions. AFAIK, this wouldn't be stopped by the current system of jamming RC signals.
      I don’t know how they do it, but I do know that real-time kinematic (RTK) GPS has mm accuracy (or, rather, precision) with a base station because I have used this for surveying before.

Comment

Oh, and drones could easily compensate quickly if blown off course.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Oh, and drones could easily compensate quickly if blown off course.
          Sure, but NorthernLads idea was that all the courses would be plotted in advance and checked to avoid collisions. If a drone is blown of course, then it would compensate of course but would no longer be flying a course that has been checked. Then you could have a collision.

Comment

https://droneshowsoftware.com/

GitHub - ugcs/ddc
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Interesting, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X