• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Ponies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Ponies

"Four ponies have been killed in a collision with a vehicle in the New Forest National Park.

The animals were hit on Thursday night while licking freshly laid salt on Roger Penny Way, Hampshire Constabulary said.

Three ponies died at the scene while a fourth was found dead later a short distance away.

In December, three donkeys were killed on the road, which is a black spot for animal accidents."

Four ponies killed in New Forest collision - BBC News

In a normal country a butcher would collect them and sell them as delicious meat

Comment

The law in the UK is that roadkill can be legitimately taken for consumption, so long as it wasn't you wot dunnit. Years a go, a mate of mine was behind a car that hit and killed a deer. He picked it up and loaded it into the back of his van, butchered it himself and put the bits in the freezer. That was 1987, just before the Great Storm. As a result of the storm, their village power was cut off for over a week - so he cooked it in his oil-fired stove, and sold roast venison to his neighbours for a very reasonable amount of money.

You have to be careful though. Some roadkill can carry nasty diseases.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The law in the UK is that roadkill can be legitimately taken for consumption, so long as it wasn't you wot dunnit. Years a go, a mate of mine was behind a car that hit and killed a deer. He picked it up and loaded it into the back of his van, butchered it himself and put the bits in the freezer. That was 1987, just before the Great Storm. As a result of the storm, their village power was cut off for over a week - so he cooked it in his oil-fired stove, and sold roast venison to his neighbours for a very reasonable amount of money.

The New Forest ponies are not wild, they are privately owned and are allowed to graze the forest by way of charter.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So does BR14, but that doesn’t stop Churchy.

Comment

Just down the road from us. Very sad indeed.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X