• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID19 Intensive care choices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I didn’t present it as a fair system when it comes to decisions re admission. I said that people don’t get removed from ICU care if they need it, for the purpose of admitting another patient. If you have evidence that it has happened, report it to the police.
    Please tell me the law here?

You're the expert, what law?

Comment

Plot twist: The doctor is a mass murderer like Shipman and the tramp is an ex pharmacist who knows the cure for covid
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Please tell me the law here?

You're the expert, what law?
        Do your own research.

Comment

Do your own research.
          Greg, are you a single child?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Greg, are you a single child?
            Are you an end stage alcoholic?

Back on topic, I was closely involved in developing national clinical pathways that incorporated the withdrawal of treatment and diagnosis of death with reference to all UK legal frameworks, so I know something of which I am talking about. But CBA to dig out the legal references.

Comment

Ill take that as a yes.

Comment

BP's pitch was a "would you kill a baby Hitler" variant.

But you have a '"legal framework" that there does not seem to be laws from.

Comment

Back on topic, I was closely involved in developing national clinical pathways that incorporated the withdrawal of treatment and diagnosis of death with reference to all UK legal frameworks, so I know something of which I am talking about. But CBA to dig out the legal references.
                  I'm sorry but your BS needs to be called out. You have went from "go to the police" to "I defined law" to "CBA to dig out the legal"

Comment

Typically untrue if you are talking about ICU beds. The patient will be brought to ED and ventilated in ED while an ICU bed is found or opened, or exceptionally an alternative location found like a theatre suite. The patient may ultimately be conveyed ventilated to another hospital where an ICU bed is available.
                    I'm not talking about ICU beds. I was talking about the hospital being in a state where they can't take any new admissions.

Not happened to the hospitals near me but they have been used as the overflow for other hospitals in such cases including last year.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      I'm not talking about ICU beds. I was talking about the hospital being in a state where they can't take any new admissions.

Not happened to the hospitals near me but they have been used as the overflow for other hospitals in such cases including last year.
                      Sure, it does happen, but it’s not really the scenario from the first post of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X