• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

16 days and counting....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 days and counting....

US election: Trump tells Georgia election official to 'find' votes to overturn Biden win

US election: Trump tells Georgia election official to '''find''' votes to overturn Biden win - BBC News

"I just want to find 11,780 votes," Mr Trump told Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in a recording released by the Washington Post.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Maybe he's right that there's election fraud. Thank goodness his attempts at it didn't change the result. #CouldntEvenRigAnElection
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He told republicans not to use postal votes so its his own fault.

Whatever you think of his policies(does anyone here support him?) he needs to leave just because of his attitude to democracy.

And I still expect him to resign then Mike Pence give him a pardon.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        He told republicans not to use postal votes so its his own fault.

Whatever you think of his policies(does anyone here support him?) he needs to leave just because of his attitude to democracy.

And I still expect him to resign then Mike Pence give him a pardon.
        CUK alumnus and contractor accountant wunderkind turned Monaco-based freedom fighter Simon Dolan is expecting something big on 6 January to overturn the US election fraud conspiracy against Trump, which is connected to the climate change and Covid scams. Simon hints that the Chinese Communist Party, Bill Gates and George Soros are somehow involved, but Simon will be the one laughing when he moves to the new Confederate States of America this year.

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...71506337849345

Incidentally, a pardon will only help with federal crimes. Many states have the ability to prosecute Trump. But I doubt he will get prosecuted, as incumbent leaders don't particularly like the precedent set when previous leaders are prosecuted.

Comment

Nice summary from the Manchester Slaver

Donald Trump has been recorded pressuring Georgia’s secretary of state to overturn US president-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state, in a tape obtained by the Washington Post.The conversation is mainly between Trump and Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s Republican secretary of state, but Trump allies including Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, and attorney Cleta Mitchell were also present, as was Ryan Germany, Raffensperger’s general counsel. Here are the main points:
          1. Trump sought to change the election result

On the call Trump pressed Raffensperger to “find 11,780 votes”.
          “The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” Trump said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.” He later pleaded: “So what are we going to do here folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.”
          Joe Biden won Georgia. The result has been certified and Biden’s electoral college victory will be ratified by Congress on Wednesday.
          2. Trump tried to intimidate Raffensperger

Trump insisted: “There’s no way I lost Georgia. There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.” He went on to suggest that Raffensperger could face a criminal investigation. “You know what they did and you’re not reporting it,” Trump said. “You know, that’s a criminal offence. And you know, you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan [Germany], your lawyer. That’s a big risk.”
          3. Trump applied pressure over Georgia runoffs

Trump told Raffensperger that if he did not act by Tuesday he would be harming the chances of Georgia Republicans David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler in this week’s runoff elections, which will determine whether the Democrats or the Republicans control the Senate. Referring to the runoffs in the call, Trump said, “You would be respected, really respected, if this can be straightened out before the election.”

4. Raffensperger continued to stand up to Trump

Raffensperger is a Republican who has pushed back against Trump and insisted Biden’s win in Georgia was fair. Responding to Trump, he said: “Well, Mr President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”
          When Trump claimed that over 5,000 ballots were cast in the state by dead people, Raffensperger responded: “The actual number was two. Two. Two people that were dead that voted.”
          5. Trump may have committed a crime

The University of Richmond law professor Carl Tobias said Trump might be “in legal jeopardy after Biden is inaugurated”. In an email to the Guardian, he wrote: “For example, if the justice department or US attorneys believe that Trump violated federal law, or if local prosecutors in states such as Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin, where Trump may have engaged in similar behaviour with state or local election officials, believe that Trump violated state election laws, the federal or state prosecutors could file suit against Trump.”
          Richard H Pildes, a constitutional law professor at New York University, told the Washington Post: “The president is either knowingly attempting to coerce state officials into corrupting the integrity of the election or is so deluded that he believes what he’s saying.” Trump’s actions may have violated federal statutes, he said.
          Michael R Bromwich, a former federal prosecutor in the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, wrote: “Unless there are portions of the tape that somehow negate criminal intent, ‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’ and his threats against Raffensperger and his counsel violate 52 U.S. Code 20511.”
          6. Trump refused to back down

On Sunday Trump tweeted: “I spoke to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger yesterday about Fulton county and voter fraud in Georgia. He was unwilling, or unable, to answer questions such as the ‘ballots under table’ scam, ballot destruction, out of state ‘voters’, dead voters, and more. He has no clue!”
          Twitter labelled the tweet with the disclaimer: “This claim about election fraud is disputed” and Raffensperger responded to Trump’s claims with a tweet saying: “Respectfully, President Trump: What you’re saying is not true.”

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            US election: Trump tells Georgia election official to 'find' votes to overturn Biden win

US election: Trump tells Georgia election official to '''find''' votes to overturn Biden win - BBC News

"I just want to find 11,780 votes," Mr Trump told Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in a recording released by the Washington Post.
            This deserves more attention, it was the top headline even above Covid yesterday. It's one thing to claim fraud, it's another being caught asking someone to commit it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Biden’s win is not valid until ministrone confirms it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Biden’s win is not valid until Simon Dolan confirms it
                FTFY

Comment

Working...