• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the message is to go to primary school tomorrow unless you’ve been told otherwise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Opening schools is barking mad. What are they thinking?
    That having a generation of kids miss what, is rapidly amounting to an entire year of education, is a really really bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      That having a generation of kids miss what, is rapidly amounting to an entire year of education, is a really really bad thing?
      The reality of the pandemic is a bitch. Ignoring it won't get the kids an education.

Comment

The reality of the pandemic is a bitch. Ignoring it won't get the kids an education.
        I'm not suggesting I have all the answers, but precisely how long do we close *everything*, given we tried that in March and we're still struggling?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I'm not suggesting I have all the answers, but precisely how long do we close *everything*, given we tried that in March and we're still struggling?
          Unfortunately, as long as is necessary. How can anyone give a precise answer? But making the public health situation worse by opening up schools is likely to lead to a longer suspension of schools later.

But vaccination is underway, and the UK is doing a pretty good (although I'm sure not perfect) job.

Comment

The new mutant strain is said to spread faster among children. If the schools reopen now, I have no doubt this will spread like wild fire. It’s best to keep schools closed for a month minimum.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              The new mutant strain is said to spread faster among children.
              Where have you read that?

(genuine question)
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                The new mutant strain is said to spread faster among children. If the schools reopen now, I have no doubt this will spread like wild fire. It’s best to keep schools closed for a month minimum.
                Research from Imperial College and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine point to the highest absolute number of infection is in the 10-19 bracket and the 0-9 bracket is higher than 60+.

However, Monaco-based British freedom fighter Simon Dolan has pointed out that Imperial College is funded by The Chinese Communist Party and Bill Gates.

Comment

Research from Imperial College and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine point to the highest absolute number of infection is in the 10-19 bracket and the 0-9 bracket is higher than 60+.

However, Monaco-based British freedom fighter Simon Dolan has pointed out that Imperial College is funded by The Chinese Communist Party and Bill Gates.
                  Imperial College, like many universities, relies on donations from alumni. The richer donors get buildings/labs named after them if they hand over enough cash. I recall, when I was doing a gig there, that one of the Business School buildings was built with donation money from a donor who they subsequently didn't feel comfortable maintaining ties with. They couldn't knock the building down so they renamed it. I don't know if they gave the money back or not (probably not).

The Bill Gates link is probably via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who have done more for global health than most people or governments ever will. My current client has received funding from them to run some of the COVID clinical trials.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Imperial College, like many universities, relies on donations from alumni. The richer donors get buildings/labs named after them if they hand over enough cash. I recall, when I was doing a gig there, that one of the Business School buildings was built with donation money from a donor who they subsequently didn't feel comfortable maintaining ties with. They couldn't knock the building down so they renamed it. I don't know if they gave the money back or not (probably not).

The Bill Gates link is probably via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who have done more for global health than most people or governments ever will. My current client has received funding from them to run some of the COVID clinical trials.
                    You are coming very close to bullying Simon Dolan here. Consider yourself warned.

Comment

You are coming very close to bullying Simon Dolan here. Consider yourself warned.
                      yet another of your obsessions.
                      you sad, pathetic little loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X