• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the message is to go to primary school tomorrow unless you’ve been told otherwise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are a primary school child, the message is always to go to school unless told otherwise.
    If you are not a primary school child, the message is always do not go to school unless told otherwise.

Schools announce closures all the time due to snow, norovirus outbreaks... they notify parents via email or SMS mostly these days I gather.

I find it odd the fact a substantial minority of schools are not opening is not reported on BBC News. Trying to avoid making it worse?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Remember people, one of the reasons for primaries staying open is to look after frontline workers kids as well. They can't close.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        ladymuck is part of the Global Covid Conspiracy too!!!

Wish she was part of OnlyFans......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Remember people, one of the reasons for primaries staying open is to look after frontline workers kids as well. They can't close.
          That's all age-groups not just primary. Schools shut except for vulnerable/key workers was what happened in Lockdown 1 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That's all age-groups not just primary. Schools shut except for vulnerable/key workers was what happened in Lockdown 1 IIRC.
            It is but primary is the more difficult age across the whole school in terms of child care. Year 7/8 at 11 upwards is in the grey area but above that they can somehow manage without it so you might be right in theory but in a critical situation no, the balance isn't there for year 7 upwards.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 4 January 2021, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Primary Schools - Generally open
              Secondary Schools - Generally closed

Simples, however one of mine is in one of the few LEA's that still have Middle School which no one knows where they sit in the above!
              Just had the email....

Years 5 and 6 go in
              Years 7 and 8 stay off
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Just had the email....

Years 5 and 6 go in
                Years 7 and 8 stay off
                I'd make sure you check your email frequently.
                A friend had an email yesterday afternoon confirming they were going to re-open as normal. Another email an hour later alerting they'd be closed as none of the staff wanted to come in.

Comment

Both my kids are in primary and the school has just messaged to say it’s closing from Thursday. Parents from other schools in the area are saying they received similar messages. Looks like Boris is going to tell us schools will shut after all at 8 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbot View Post
                    Both my kids are in primary and the school has just messaged to say it’s closing from Thursday. Parents from other schools in the area are saying they received similar messages. Looks like Boris is going to tell us schools will shut after all at 8 tonight.
                    Again, your kids not coming in to school doesn't mean it's shut. At risk and front line staff will still be able to send their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Again, your kids not coming in to school doesn't mean it's shut. At risk and front line staff will still be able to send their kids.
                      Yes, they sent me a form to fill in as my wife is also a teacher. But the school my wife teaches at is completely shut for her group of kids so no point in sending my kids in.

Comment

Working...
                      X