• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBC
    Misleading social media posts are questioning the need for a Covid-19 vaccine, claiming that the virus has “a 99.97% survival rate”.

This is not true.

The chance of dying after catching Covid is about 1% in high-income countries, according to research from Imperial College London.
    I would like to see figures on % of people admitted to ICU, or put on ventilators after catching Covid. That is not a trivial thing, and can have life altering ramifications - it is scary enough to work hard to avoid.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Would you drive a car with, instead of an airbag, had a big spike coming out of the steering wheel? Even though the chances of having an accident are really low?

Humans are notorious badly at estimating risk.
      Careful. @vwdan will be along to argue with you about airbags.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Fatigue? With what? The constant lies that have been exposed as a total economy destroying overreaction, where the cure is far far worse than a disease which on average kills people who are older than the average life expectancy.

People are not cautious when they realise there is nothing to fear for 99.7% of us. But yeah, lets keep locking down to give that 0.3% a few more months of life.
        OK.

My best friend, an NHS doctor, has been in hospital since the 2nd of December. On the 10th he was admitted to intensive care. On the 24th he was put on a ventilator. He is still on the ventilator.

He caught Covid off a patient who did not believe it existed, even after being on CPAP for a few days.

I regret that I didn't tell him when he made a Skype call to me to say good bye as he estimated he has a 10% chance of survival, that he was part of the unlucky 0.3% according to your wisdom & bulltulip statistics. He is 48.

If you were twice the man you are, you wouldn't be half of what my friend is.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          OK.

My best friend, an NHS doctor, has been in hospital since the 2nd of December. On the 10th he was admitted to intensive care. On the 24th he was put on a ventilator. He is still on the ventilator.

He caught Covid off a patient who did not believe it existed, even after being on CPAP for a few days.

I regret that I didn't tell him when he made a Skype call to me to say good bye as he estimated he has a 10% chance of survival, that he was part of the unlucky 0.3% according to your wisdom & bulltulip statistics. He is 48.

If you were twice the man you are, you wouldn't be half of what my friend is.

My friend died during the night in ICU.

Please take care CUKkers.

Comment

Working...
          X