• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown

First Scotland....
    Scotland to go into full lockdown at midnight, Sturgeon announces | UK news | The Guardian
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Doesn't matter what rules they put in place, people are the problem. A large group of people think none of this applies to them and there isn't a problem so will carry on regardless. We've all met them, not the ones that struggle with doing the correct thing, those ones that obviously don't give a flying monkies and have that ingrained so no changing them.

On the spot fines is the way to go now. No breaking up parties and sending everyone home. £100 fine for first offence for every single one of them going up £50 per offence. Won't be attending too many parties after that will they. Top them coffers up and the ones now perpetuating the miser can help pay for it as well.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think the number attending parties is pretty minimal, that's the extreme edge of the graph. People just hanging out in each others' houses perhaps.

Parties are easy to detect and act on, a million people popping to their mates house is very hard to spot.

Although the lockdown and tighter restrictions WERE working until covid 2.0 came along.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Doesn't matter what rules they put in place, people are the problem.
        But if they are all dead, then the problem would be solved, right?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think the number attending parties is pretty minimal, that's the extreme edge of the graph. People just hanging out in each others' houses perhaps.

Parties are easy to detect and act on, a million people popping to their mates house is very hard to spot.

Although the lockdown and tighter restrictions WERE working until covid 2.0 came along.
          That was just an example, anyone not following the rules and are creating a risk. Hard to spot and unenforced so now people do it without thinking. They'll think a bit when they've had a fine or two.

They might have been but they didn't work as well as previous restrictions and ones before that. Granted testing has a big part to play in the differing numbers but apathy has a big part to play. People aren't bothering following the rules now. Deal with the other apects but deal with the people as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            But if they are all dead, then the problem would be solved, right?

By jove I think you've got it. Won't have to deal with ****ing agents any more so can't be a bad thing right?

Comment

The buffoon will be on the box tonight at 8pm. Expect England to join our more sensible neighbours to the north

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Doesn't matter what rules they put in place, people are the problem.
                People are the problem, but it's not just them. People flout the rules, businesses flout the rules, so the problem somehow is the rules themselves. They need to be stricter and they need to be enforced. So yeah, I like the idea of giving fines to individuals and businesses.

Quick example from Edinburgh: they closed pubs, right? Cool, but the rules from the government didn't prevent pubs from doing takeaway pints and obviously we ended up with dozens of assholes gathering just outside the pubs, not respecting social distancing, getting drunk, pissing everywhere, littering, and spreading the virus.

We probably need martial law, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The buffoon will be on the box tonight at 8pm. Expect England to join our more totalitarian neighbours to the north
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    People are the problem, but it's not just them. People flout the rules, businesses flout the rules, so the problem somehow is the rules themselves. They need to be stricter and they need to be enforced. So yeah, I like the idea of giving fines to individuals and businesses.

Quick example from Edinburgh: they closed pubs, right? Cool, but the rules from the government didn't prevent pubs from doing takeaway pints and obviously we ended up with dozens of assholes gathering just outside the pubs, not respecting social distancing, getting drunk, pissing everywhere, littering, and spreading the virus.

We probably need martial law, if you ask me.
                    Probably 1% of people did that, but they're visible and good for headlines.

There has clearly been a gradual erosion of caution, call it fatigue, among the general population which is the main source of problems. In spring most people were quite serious about following the rules; a minority flouted them but cases came right down. In autumn, a minority flouted them but many more just weren't being strict any more.

Somehow the population needs to be motivated to follow the rules again. Fear of fines seems a poor motivation, you only have to look at how many people speed when driving.

Comment

Working...
                    X