• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: The Guardian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: The Guardian

Paywall is incoming...

That's alright just flog them a few slaves.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Paywall is incoming...

Where will you find boring threads to post now? Squirrel monthly?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Paywall is incoming...

History shows that newspapers are one of the slowest industries to adapt to new technology. A paywall is a sign of their demise.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Nothing annoys me more than to google something and follow a link to a page that blatantly says “pay me”. Imagine if every website did that....
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

That's a shame Guardian is about the last decent newspaper free to access. If they put in a paywall, I'll weight in up against FT, NYT and Irish Times.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Nothing annoys me more than to google something and follow a link to a page that blatantly says “pay me”. Imagine if every website did that....
              Same thing happens when you follow some women.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How very capitalist of them.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  How very capitalist of them.
                  They are a paper that supports capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    That's a shame Guardian is about the last decent newspaper free to access. If they put in a paywall, I'll weight in up against FT, NYT and Irish Times.
                    I predict a rise in news aggregators.
                    For less than the cost of a times (murdoch version) sub you can get Apple news. That includes the times and Wall Street journal and some rubbish.
                    But I expect we will see more of this over the coming year.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X