• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone interested ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Forgot about your situation Whorty. Sorry for typical rude post.
    No worries - there are lots of threads on here and it's easy to forget what someone posts. No harm done
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Enjoyed that Whorty - thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Wow another CUK celeb..ish. After Mudskipper. Nearest I've got is being on Google Street View.
      Watch this space - hoping for another crack at stardom!

Comment

I would be interested as well. Not that we’ve met (I don’t think) outside the brexit sub forum, but at least we’re both on the right side of history in that regard.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Nice properties and our plan B is something similar - move down there and I become more selective over contracts as we will be able to be.

We’re looking more at a B&B style but more boutique and self-catering focus.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So you did get one of the blokes and Mrs W clearly liked a joker.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              So you did get one of the blokes and Mrs W clearly liked a joker.
              Despite everything Mrs W went through and suffered, she was always positive and smiling. We had a lot of laughs .... although I think most of the time she was laughing at me and not with me!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Nice properties and our plan B is something similar - move down there and I become more selective over contracts as we will be able to be.

We’re looking more at a B&B style but more boutique and self-catering focus.
                When we looked at the numbers properly we just couldn't justify it. The amount of time, effort and financial risk for such a relatively small salary just wasn't worth it (for us) when I could earn the same in just 2 months contracting with no financial risks.

Hindsight also shows we made the right call as I've been 100% caring for Mrs W over the past 2-3 years, so I'd have not been able to run a B&B or similar on my own too.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  When we looked at the numbers properly we just couldn't justify it. The amount of time, effort and financial risk for such a relatively small salary just wasn't worth it (for us) when I could earn the same in just 2 months contracting with no financial risks.

Hindsight also shows we made the right call as I've been 100% caring for Mrs W over the past 2-3 years, so I'd have not been able to run a B&B or similar on my own too.
                  Understood. We’re in a different position where we see the property as one of our ultimate retirement pots. Clear any mortgage on that, downsize to a retirement property and fade away.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Had a quick look at you're absolutely right - she's lovely.

You were punching above your weight there...
                    Please send me the link - so I can get a better idea of what your weight is.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X