• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Let police fight crime with facial recognition' plea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Let police fight crime with facial recognition' plea

'''Let police fight crime with facial recognition''' plea - BBC News

Police should be allowed more access to facial recognition technology, a firm developing it for use in the private sector has said.

So nothing to do with them making more money then?

I reckon if the people on camera are short they are Welsh. If speaking Welsh they are from the North(The valleys are NOT North Wales) - if not down South.

The police do fec all even if you give them the name and address of burglar and evidence. The problem is with lazy police who want an easy life.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Doesn't help when this stuff about it not working in the majority of cases is in the public domain.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How's it with masks?

When the morons in charge say masks (as in bits of cloth not medical grade ones) need to be worn outdoors I will use face paint to make it appear I am wearing one.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The police do fec all even if you give them the name and address of burglar and evidence. The problem is with lazy police who want an easy life.
          Sweeping generalisation, remember its the CPS that prosecute the evidence, the police only gather it.

I lost track of the number of times when I worked with West Yorks Police that the CPS declined to proceed rather than the police not being able to catch a criminal
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Sweeping generalisation, remember its the CPS that prosecute the evidence, the police only gather it.

I lost track of the number of times when I worked with West Yorks Police that the CPS declined to proceed rather than the police not being able to catch a criminal
            Sadly true.

The "I know my rights" scum don't help the cause either.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Over in the US, protestors starting using facial recognition to dox police officers who, usually against regulations, weren't wearing visible ID at protests. Suddenly the police weren't so keen on the technology…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Over in the US, protestors starting using facial recognition to dox police officers who, usually against regulations, weren't wearing visible ID at protests. Suddenly the police weren't so keen on the technology…
                Very organised protestors...
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  How's it with masks?

When the morons in charge say masks (as in bits of cloth not medical grade ones) need to be worn outdoors I will use face paint to make it appear I am wearing one.
                  I wouldn't think you need to go to such lengths to make it clear to strangers you're an idiot. It's probably quite apparent without.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Very organised protestors...
                    Loads of protestors are except the anti-vaxxers.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X