• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One in 50 people in England had Covid last week, says Chris Whitty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Fake news. There are more than 50 people in England. HTH
    Fake stats, as in estimated from too small a set of real data.

If 1 in 50 had covid at the established percent typically requiring hospital treatment then there will be hundreds of thousands requiring beds in the coming weeks and tens of thousands of deaths from those yet to enter the treatment phase. Nah, can't be right or it's uber doom time. Depends on percentage by age to see how severe they are likely to get it. Fortunately I don't have actual figures to hand and daren't check so I am just making it all up. Nothing to worry about, move on.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Fake stats, as in estimated from too small a set of real data.

If 1 in 50 had covid at the established percent typically requiring hospital treatment then there will be hundreds of thousands requiring beds in the coming weeks and tens of thousands of deaths from those yet to enter the treatment phase. Nah, can't be right or it's uber doom time. Depends on percentage by age to see how severe they are likely to get it. Fortunately I don't have actual figures to hand and daren't check so I am just making it all up. Nothing to worry about, move on.
      I was trying to bring a bit of levity to a grim situation. Uber doom looks favourite unfortunately.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Probably more than 1 in 50 have a cold at any one time in the winter....

If you look for something, you'll find it....
        Jesus Wept, Psycho - are you seriously this dense?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Jesus Wept, Psycho - are you seriously this dense?
          Problem is there are loads of people like this.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and it is now 1 in 30.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Is your friendship group exclusively very old and/or sick, because that seems hugely statistically unlucky?

Maybe he has more than a crusty sock he calls a friend?

I know 3 people who have tested positive in the last month and about 2 dozen who are actively shielding. I have only seen them on Zoom or in the street in the last 8 months. Only acquaintances (neighbours / people from clubs we / the kids go to) I know have died so far, we are lucky.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Reference?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  I was trying to bring a bit of levity to a grim situation. Uber doom looks favourite unfortunately.
                  Tiers of laughter or tears of crying, sometimes both appear the same.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Many are already the 1 in 10.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    50 users currently online on CUK. Which of you is infected?
                    None I bet because its all bulltulip
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      None I bet because its all bulltulip
                      Were you born this thick, or is it something you've had to put time and effort into?

Comment

Working...
                      X