• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One in 50 people in England had Covid last week, says Chris Whitty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Maybe he has more than a crusty sock he calls a friend?

I know 3 people who have tested positive in the last month and about 2 dozen who are actively shielding. I have only seen them on Zoom or in the street in the last 8 months. Only acquaintances (neighbours / people from clubs we / the kids go to) I know have died so far, we are lucky.
    You know 3 who tested positive, he knows as many who have died. Consider the probabilities.
    About .1% of the population has died from Covid at this time, which is 100x fewer than have had it (approx). Statistically out of every 1000 people you know, 1 has died and 10 have had it (though this breaks down somewhat with it exploding so much currently)... few of us are in contact with >100 people let alone >1000.
    Unless you work or live in a care home or similar high-risk environment, it's unusual. Although of course it 'clumps' e.g. if your 90yo grandad gets it, there is a much bigger chance he and his wife both die.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Were you born this thick, or is it something you've had to put time and effort into?
      The time will have been outside IR35, don’t worry about that.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You know 3 who tested positive, he knows as many who have died. Consider the probabilities.
        About .1% of the population has died from Covid at this time, which is 100x fewer than have had it (approx). Statistically out of every 1000 people you know, 1 has died and 10 have had it (though this breaks down somewhat with it exploding so much currently)... few of us are in contact with >100 people let alone >1000.
        Unless you work or live in a care home or similar high-risk environment, it's unusual. Although of course it 'clumps' e.g. if your 90yo grandad gets it, there is a much bigger chance he and his wife both die.
        You do know statistical events aren't evenly spread out?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Indeed. Take the incidence of cretinism in CUK....

Comment

I do. With Sas no longer here shall I explain the maths for you?

Comment

I do.
              Then why are you writing like someone's individual experience isn't their personal experience?

With Sas no longer here shall I explain the maths for you?
              You are going to mansplain as well?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I do. With Sas no longer here shall I explain the maths for you?
                rogerfederer was his sockie

Comment

Then why are you writing like someone's individual experience isn't their personal experience?
                  Why are you posting the most basic obvious things as if you're imparting some great hidden wisdom?

You are going to mansplain as well?
                  Oh so you're one of those hand-wringing lefty types.

Comment

Working...
                  X