• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One in 50 people in England had Covid last week, says Chris Whitty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in 50 people in England had Covid last week, says Chris Whitty

Figure for people outside hospitals and care homes revealed as number of new daily cases in UK tops 60,000 for first time

One in 50 people in England had Covid last week, says Chris Whitty | World news | The Guardian

So virus is getting much quicker to people than vaccines

That's why we are record breaking at over 60,000 positive cases.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-breaking.html
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Probably more than 1 in 50 have a cold at any one time in the winter....

If you look for something, you'll find it....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Bearing in mind the vast swing in figures since your last ridiculous post I think you are fighting a losing battle here. You can't roll out the same crap with absolutely not facts but on the flip side the infection and death rate has soared.

Continuing to pedal this utter rubbish in the light in the massive change in figures makes you look like a complete moron.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Herd immunity is overtaking immunity by vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

A cold doesn't kill 1 in a hundred people and put at least as many on a ventilator.

I doubt we'd find your brain if we looked for it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Even at the end of December, Covid vaccinations were averaging about 35,000 a day and that was only using pfizer. I think close to a million have been done in the last 10 days or so and that's a mere trickle compared to what's coming.

More to the point, cases are mostly in <65 age group and vaccinations are mostly in >65 age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                All roads lead to the same destination, end of lockdowns.

Unless the mutations are too slippery to contain by vaccine or natural immunity and we end up with flu style seasonal goundhog day, then other everyday changes to normal life* will be needed 'forever'.

* e.g. give all the vulnerable hazmat suits for when out in public with proper medical grade filtering. Likely cheaper than the billions the current approach is costing. Sorted.

Edit: Plan B opportunity: Create custom hazmat suits as a new fashion trend, like all those going shopping in onesies.
                Last edited by Hobosapien; 6 January 2021, 11:06.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Last year in April when the virus raged in UK I did not know anybody in my circle who got the virus. This time around, every day I get news of someone or other who we know being positive with the virus. The main symptom with this variant is the loss of smell and taste that seems to last for a couple of months.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Last year in April when the virus raged in UK I did not know anybody in my circle who got the virus. This time around, every day I get news of someone or other who we know being positive with the virus.
                    Same here actually. We still have no idea if we have or not... my wife has done loads of tests as she is on some trial or something, but the only time her work colleagues both got tested positive and she was feeling unwell, her test got lost and we never found the result!

Comment

Working...
                    X