• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fancy being a prison inspector?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fancy being a prison inspector?

I was rummaging about the GOV.UK site (as you do) and spotted this, another thing I never knew was a thing:

Volunteer to check standards in prison - GOV.UK

There's nine prisons that need people to pop in and have a look-see

Current vacancies - Independent Monitoring Boards

I imagine it would be fascinating but I'm not sure prisons are a good place to be during Covid.
    A good way to form some links with 'useful' people too.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I once wrote an app for prison recruitment and the entire process of applying and shortlisting was extremely tedious and would take someone days to finish. All of that for 21k salary. I got talking to the main programme director and explained that applicants may not go through the process and we need to make it simpler.

He went on to explain why they had all the processes in place. It seems that a great big deal of people would apply to work in prisons so they can get closer to prisoners and develop a relationship because they were obsessed with serial killers and murderers. The more heinous the crime the more admirers they had. Ultimately when the app went live I was amazed at the number of applicants.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Inspecting for contraband?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Inspecting for contraband?
          Sadly not - it's inspecting that the prisons meet the appropriate standards of care and security.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I once wrote an app for prison recruitment and the entire process of applying and shortlisting was extremely tedious and would take someone days to finish. All of that for 21k salary. I got talking to the main programme director and explained that applicants may not go through the process and we need to make it simpler.

He went on to explain why they had all the processes in place. It seems that a great big deal of people would apply to work in prisons so they can get closer to prisoners and develop a relationship because they were obsessed with serial killers and murderers. The more heinous the crime the more admirers they had. Ultimately when the app went live I was amazed at the number of applicants.
            I feel like this leaves them in the situation where the only people who are going to get to the end will be those very people

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Sadly not - it's inspecting that the prisons meet the appropriate standards of care and security.
              Ah, check the machine guns at the corners of the prison and test the laser beam fences on cells.

Easy job...

Comment

Your one stop shop: Bob Barker Company, Inc. - America's Leading Detention Supplier
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  I feel like this leaves them in the situation where the only people who are going to get to the end will be those very people
                  They had devised some really confusing psychological tests with answers that were meant to weed out people who were trying to get in with devious intentions. I tried giving those tests and failed them. Out of around 5k applicants for a job, I think 3 were given offers.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I should imagine the possible cash for pushing drugs up your jacksie was attractive as well. It seems most of the contraband in Prison arrived via POs.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X