• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock market boom

Feeling optimistic today.

A decent trade deal with the EU.
    Scope to sign more across the globe.
    Vaccine roll out seems to be going smoothly.
    Dems in da house in the USA.

FTSE to break 8000 by end of year?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    FTSE to break 8000 by end of year?
    Only if Scootie takes a new poot.

Comment

FTSE100 is certainly having a good few days. It's making me wonder if it's time to SELL SELL SELL

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        FTSE100 is certainly having a good few days. It's making me wonder if it's time to SELL SELL SELL
        no chance, to the moon! unless it hits 8000 then I might sell.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I rarely read the Guardian for financial news but I saw this bearish article today

FTSE 100 surges as City guru warns of stock market bubble risk | Stock markets | The Guardian

Jeremy Grantham, the British co-founder of the US investment firm GMO, said in a letter to clients that current investor behaviour bore the hallmarks of the mood in the run-up to the 1929 Wall Street crash.
          “The long, long bull market since 2009 has finally matured into a fully fledged epic bubble,” the 82-year-old financier said.
          “Featuring extreme overvaluation, explosive price increases, frenzied issuance, and hysterically speculative investor behaviour, I believe this event will be recorded as one of the great bubbles of financial history, right along with the South Sea bubble, 1929, and 2000.”

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            I rarely read the Guardian for financial news but I saw this bearish article today

FTSE 100 surges as City guru warns of stock market bubble risk | Stock markets | The Guardian
            Well he predicted a crash in 2018 and 2019 was a bumper year, so having trashed his clients portfolios by being too cautious he probably has to frighten them to death to keep them on board.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

He is referring to the tech bubble in the US, which I have very limited exposure to and tech is a sector very much missing from the FTSE.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Well he predicted a crash in 2018 and 2019 was a bumper year, so having trashed his clients portfolios by being too cautious he probably has to frighten them to death to keep them on board.
                Sounds like Scooty
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The stock market has a complete mind of it’s own. No point second guessing it. A company reports a huge loss, you will find the price has gone up.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Is it stocks booming or the pound weakening?

With no end to the money printing in sight and all the major world economies doing similar, so no one currency crashes to avoid other issues, any desirable asset whether physical or fairy dusk is seen as a safer longer term bet than fiat money.

Bitcoin continues to boom as well. This time next year rodders...

So the question becomes which assets do you want to be holding if the current game of musical debt chairs stops suddenly? Go long on tins of baked beans.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X