• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Is it stocks booming or the pound weakening?

With no end to the money printing in sight and all the major world economies doing similar, so no one currency crashes to avoid other issues, any desirable asset whether physical or fairy dusk is seen as a safer longer term bet than fiat money.

Bitcoin continues to boom as well. This time next year rodders...

So the question becomes which assets do you want to be holding if the current game of musical debt chairs stops suddenly? Go long on tins of baked beans.
    More like interest rates are low so cash gets inflated away. That's why I've bought some stocks I normally wouldn't. I bought Coca-Cola overpriced but still better than a no interest account. It pays a 3% dividend yield.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

As a result of being delisted China Mobile down but now pays a dividend yield of 8%. It doesn't have to go up to make you a lot of money.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
      X