• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school?

"Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school the children?’

Our reader earns less than her husband: should she be the one to sacrifice her career while schools are closed?

Hearing that schools are closing once again has come as a huge blow. My husband and I managed to juggle home-schooling with our full-time jobs during the first lockdown but found it incredibly hard. Both of our managers raised concerns about whether we were able to do our jobs properly at the time. ..."

Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school the children?’

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school the children?’

Our reader earns less than her husband: should she be the one to sacrifice her career while schools are closed?

Hearing that schools are closing once again has come as a huge blow. My husband and I managed to juggle home-schooling with our full-time jobs during the first lockdown but found it incredibly hard. Both of our managers raised concerns about whether we were able to do our jobs properly at the time. ..."

Moral Money: ‘Should I guilt my husband into going part-time at work to home-school the children?’

The one bit that article misses is do you really wish your husband to be the person on the "can leave" list if cost cutting is required in the near future.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm afraid that money and stability of future employment trumps career satisfaction (whichever side that falls on) these days...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They think they've got it bad. I can't even afford to pay to read the rest of the article.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They think they've got it bad. I can't even afford to pay to read the rest of the article.
          There's a browser extension for that - GitHub - iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome: Bypass Paywalls web browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.

Sites really shouldn't use Javascript to do a job that should be done by a backend server.

Comment

I had a discussion today with a client saying that if I'd been furloughed at any point I would have volunteered to help the school sort out their remote schooling.
            Given that today was my daughter's first day of Google classrooms and it has been shockingly thought out.

A Word document, that the child is supposed to edit, but the only content in the document is a .jpg file
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Sites really shouldn't use Javascript to do a job that should be done by a backend server.
              Node.js is ok tho?

Comment

Node.js is ok tho?

Yep - that's backend...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Yep - that's backend...
                  And it's JavaScript...

Comment

And it's JavaScript...
                    but it's not running on a browser so you can't add additional code that just happens to override / bypass the paywall functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X