• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't panic

"Supermarkets are seeking to reassure shoppers that there is no need to bulk-buy products as new lockdown restrictions come into force.

Asda asked its customers to "continue to shop considerately and not buy more than they normally would."

There was a surge in online grocery shopping after new lockdown restrictions were announced on Monday, but demand has since dropped back.

Stores said they have good availability and have increased delivery slots.

Tesco and Sainsbury's have doubled the number of delivery slots since March."

Shoppers told not to buy more than normal - BBC News

Right cock-up from Tesco. We had booked a slot ages back and put a few random things in. On Monday night we went in and did it properly. On Tuesday we got an email saying all changes made on Monday night were lost due to "high use"... so a van turned up Tuesday with the equivalent of a pineapple, a loo brush and some champagne.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Right cock-up from Tesco. We had booked a slot ages back and put a few random things in. On Monday night we went in and did it properly. On Tuesday we got an email saying all changes made on Monday night were lost due to "high use"... so a van turned up Tuesday with the equivalent of a pineapple, a loo brush and some champagne.

That's hilarious (sorry)

Comment

Did the usual "big" shop over the weekend so only needed to top things up when lockdown was announced, thankfully it seems calmer heads had prevailed as it wasn't any busier than normal
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's hilarious (sorry)
          Don't worry, we thought so too despite it being a PITA.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A mate was telling me the other day that he couldn't book a container from China for love nor money at the moment. Not sure how true it is but I'd be buying stuff that comes in containers if I was hoarding. Plan B time !?

Comment

The more people are told to not panic and not over buy and the more people will panic and be savages.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                ... so a van turned up Tuesday with the equivalent of a pineapple, a loo brush and some champagne.
                That's a rather niche dinner party.

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                The more people are told to not panic and not over buy and the more people will panic and be savages.
                Aye, the Barbra Streisand effect.

With the virility of the new virus strains (presuming the SA one is also here ) maybe the supermarkets should stop customers going inside. Click and collect or home delivery only, then ramp up that capacity and get more of those out of work actors/theatre staff doing the deliveries, by push bike if they want the exercise.

Would make it safer for their own staff, allow them to manage stock better (rationing of certain items if necessary) and fit in with the general 'no mingling indoors' rule, as surely supermarkets are not somehow more safe than other places being battered economically wise (including all those shops selling the same stuff supermarkets do alongside the food) for having indoor customers.

Other outlets like Screwfix have been using this approach in lockdown 1.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                X