• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump declares himself Emperor - his supporters storm the Capitol!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Has it been established that Trump actively encouraged the hotheads to invade the Capitol? My impression was he merely approved of the demo outside it, and later (albeit after a slight delay) he actually condemned the hothead trespassers.

My opinion FWIW is based on political expediency rather than legal rectitude. The two are not always the same, although the Yanks are so legalistic and litigious they may lose sight of that.

Also, isn't any attempt to prevent Trump ever standing for public office again anti-democratic, and likely to inflame and alienate his many supporters (almost half of the US electorate who voted don't forget)?
    Most of them voted for the Republicans. Only a small core wouldn't vote for a "normal" guy. Mitt Romney would have also got 74 million. If Trump is barred then all the white supremacists will go on a rampage, but there is plenty of jail space for them.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Has it been established that Trump actively encouraged the hotheads to invade the Capitol?
      Your TV and Net were broken or something?

He called them to come on 6th, gave them there in DC speech and send them off to storm Capitol - but hid his obese arse in the bunker.

Comment

Amazing that Trump has got hard core supporters that are willing to engage in acts that can get them killed. That is blind support and I doubt Biden or BJ would ever get similar support from their voters.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Amazing that Trump has got hard core supporters that are willing to engage in acts that can get them killed. That is blind support and I doubt Biden or BJ would ever get similar support from their voters.
          But they didn't think it would get them killed. There was no jeopardy if the only consequnce they saw was that Trump would get elected and they'd all be pardoned and held aloft as heroes.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            But they didn't think it would get them killed. There was no jeopardy if the only consequnce they saw was that Trump would get elected and they'd all be pardoned and held aloft as heroes.
            I think they wanted to do the killing.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              It's a bit futile considering their thought processes, because their base set of beliefs (QAnon etc.) is so far removed from reality, that they are just plain battulip crazy and will arrive at battulip crazy conclusions. Maybe they expected to find the smoking gun about the CCP / Gates / Soros conspiracy on Pelosi's hard drive. Simon Dolan was certainly excited about what they would find.

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...07647681953793

Simon Dolan #KBF
              @simondolan
              Hearing that Pelosi has had her office broken into at the Capitol and hard drive taken.

Can you imagine the incriminating evidence on it?!
              7:53 PM · Jan 6, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Your TV and Net were broken or something?

He called them to come on 6th, gave them there in DC speech and send them off to storm Capitol - but hid his obese arse in the bunker.
                He didn't tell them to storm anything, he told them to march.

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He didn't call them off on the TV until Biden made some boring speech telling him to.

He would have got away with it if he had done it before he was told to.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    He didn't call them off on the TV until Biden made some boring speech telling him to.

He would have got away with it if he had done it before he was told to.
                    Can he be tried for being tardy in his response? We all know he's culpable but that's why I ask if this is a trial, or a vote.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      He incited them to violence, that’s my view and we need to hear the view of the court appointed jury to decide

Comment

Working...
                      X