• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump declares himself Emperor - his supporters storm the Capitol!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's call today:

Despite facing an impeachment vote for an assault he helped incite, the outgoing president is still sticking with his tried-and-true playbook of deflecting and reaching for conspiraciesIn a tense, 30-minute-plus phone call with House minority leader Kevin McCarthy, Trump trotted out the Antifa line. McCarthy would have none of it, telling the president: “It’s not Antifa, it’s MAGA. I know. I was there,” according to a White House official and another source familiar with the call.

The White House official said the call was tense and aggressive at times, with Trump ranting about election fraud and an exasperated McCarthy cutting in to say, “Stop it. It’s over. The election is over.”

He told Trump he should call Joe Biden, meet with the president-elect and follow tradition and leave a welcome letter in the Resolute Desk for his successor. The president told him he hadn’t decided whether to do so for Biden.

And:

President Trump acknowledged that he bears some blame for the Capitol riot last week during a conversation with House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, a source familiar told Fox News.

Two sources say McCarthy, relayed the president’s sentiment on a call Monday with the House GOP Conference. McCarthy, on the call Monday with Republicans, agreed that Trump bore blame for the unrest which sent Congress into lockdown as they tried to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election last week.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Youtube keeps suggesting this to me, which I have not seen given referenced anywhere amidst the "where is Trump" rhetoric - BBC mention Trump is due in public to look at his wall but this suggests a rally or sorts:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Trump never admits errors and especially accepts any blame - so McCarthy is a liar

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Youtube keeps suggesting this to me, which I have not seen given referenced anywhere amidst the "where is Trump" rhetoric - BBC mention Trump is due in public to look at his wall but this suggests a rally or sorts:
          He's already there, boy that was quick:

President Donald Trump departs the White House at 10am ET (3pm GMT) to head for Alamo in Texas where he is expected to give remarks about immigration and visit the southern US border wall.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Trump never admits errors and especially accepts any blame - so McCarthy is a liar
            Trump rejects responsibility for Capitol riot he inspired and claims his words 'totally appropriate' – live | US news | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
            X