• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stag do and other scum DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    JUst like Wales.
    And any scummy part of England.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      And any scummy part of England.
      Yep, won't see this in posh areas. They are all safe and sound in doors... doing a couple of lines. No time for the weed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Dutchnews.nl is run by septic expats. they just grab stuff from the dutch tabloids.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          I'm happy for you it worked out that way, but I have seen the damaging effects of this on many school kids. Outside the Amsterdam tourist areas they practically sell to anyone. Just walk past a secondary school and you'll see 14 year old smoking drugs during their breaks.
          But surely there is a big difference between legally selling in coffee shops, and illegally selling to kids? And if the ban is only to foreigners, then how does this stop the current illegal selling to kids? Can't see how the tourist trade has any influence on the illegal trade.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Have they banned window prossies?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Under EU rules, how can they restrict it to Dutch nationals?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Under EU rules, how can they restrict it to Dutch nationals?
                Due to National Security or Public Health.

Anway the UK is a 3rd country so it is easy to prevent us having any weed.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Couple of points in the article that make it old news and/or crap reporting.... or a repeat of other news affecting coffee shops as they clamp down on them

Two decades is a hell of a long span to be looking at for statistics. It went from 283 to 166 mainly because of the clamp down in the last couple of years where they can't open near schools and the like. I don't think there is any need to try bring the last twenty years in as a yardstick.

You'd kind of imagine the demand has increased if you've cut the outlets by so much wouldn't you.

No tulip sherlock!

And because tourism brings so much to the area.

I'd imagine it will be years if the transition to a reduced number of coffee shops was anything to go by. As already mentioned most of what is mentioned here has been going on for many many years.

Bit of a pointless article really. Not news at all. Someone needs to pass the boof so they can take a couple of tokes and chill.
                  It was the only article in English I could find, here is an article about this topic in Dutch (The website publisher is sortof the Dutch equivalent of the BBC)
                  Amsterdam wil buitenlandse toeristen weren uit coffeeshops | NOS
                  And here an article in the Parool newspaper where drugsellers complain about the foreigners ban
                  https://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/coff...haal~bb0ce568/

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Due to National Security or Public Health.

Anway the UK is a 3rd country so it is easy to prevent us having any weed.
                    You might have missed it, but we're not in the EU.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Yep, won't see this in posh areas. They are all safe and sound in doors... doing a couple of lines. No time for the weed.
                      Not here in Richmond, the kids are smoking like crazy. You can't go anywhere without seeing a bunch of kids sitting on a bench toking up. How do they afford it? Where they heck are they buying it?

Comment

Working...
                      X