• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stag do and other scum DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag do and other scum DOOM

Amsterdam to ban foreigners from their marihuana outlets
    Blown off: Amsterdam will ban foreign tourists from coffeeshops in future - DutchNews.nl

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Haven't they been threatening this for years?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Yes but it looks like the current Mayor (Green party) is finally acting on it

Comment

Yes but it looks like the current Mayor (Green party) is finally acting on it
        I'm glad this law was not in place in 1995.

New Years 1995 a group of us headed to Amsterdam for 5 nights. We stayed in a hotel the other side of the Vondelpark. New Years eve day myself and a friend drifted off from the rest of the group and found ourselves in Smoking Joes, imbibing in a smoke or 2.

3 years later this friend married me and became my beautiful wife - without the spliff maybe she would never have fallen for me!
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally Posted by A Nasty Little Racist
          Amsterdam to ban foreigners from their marihuana outlets
          Blown off: Amsterdam will ban foreign tourists from coffeeshops in future - DutchNews.nl
          Up to now nobody's been stupid enough to actually do it.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Are foreigners still banned from snuff movies?

Comment

I'm glad this law was not in place in 1995.

New Years 1995 a group of us headed to Amsterdam for 5 nights. We stayed in a hotel the other side of the Vondelpark. New Years eve day myself and a friend drifted off from the rest of the group and found ourselves in Smoking Joes, imbibing in a smoke or 2.

3 years later this friend married me and became my beautiful wife - without the spliff maybe she would never have fallen for me!
              I'm happy for you it worked out that way, but I have seen the damaging effects of this on many school kids. Outside the Amsterdam tourist areas they practically sell to anyone. Just walk past a secondary school and you'll see 14 year old smoking drugs during their breaks.

Comment

I'm happy for you it worked out that way, but I have seen the damaging effects of this on many school kids. Outside the Amsterdam tourist areas they practically sell to anyone. Just walk past a secondary school and you'll see 14 year old smoking drugs during their breaks.
                JUst like Wales.

Comment

Dat's racist. Do they them to F off and go home as well?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Couple of points in the article that make it old news and/or crap reporting.... or a repeat of other news affecting coffee shops as they clamp down on them

past two decades have reduced the number of coffeeshops in Amsterdam from 283 to 166 now but the demand for dope has still increased, according to the letter.
                    Two decades is a hell of a long span to be looking at for statistics. It went from 283 to 166 mainly because of the clamp down in the last couple of years where they can't open near schools and the like. I don't think there is any need to try bring the last twenty years in as a yardstick.

You'd kind of imagine the demand has increased if you've cut the outlets by so much wouldn't you.

So called cannabis tourists have contributed to this, says Halsema
                    No tulip sherlock!

It was never enforced in Amsterdam because of concerns that it would drive the trade online.
                    And because tourism brings so much to the area.

The mayor also intends to limit the number of coffeeshops in any chain and regulate the supply with a new ‘quality mark’. Although coffeeshops fall under the mayor’s responsibilities, the new proposal will be discussed by Amsterdam council and there is likely to be a transition period before it is enforced.
                    I'd imagine it will be years if the transition to a reduced number of coffee shops was anything to go by. As already mentioned most of what is mentioned here has been going on for many many years.

Bit of a pointless article really. Not news at all. Someone needs to pass the boof so they can take a couple of tokes and chill.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X