• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Major Incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and up here in West Yorkshire, where we've been in extended lockdown and tier 3 since September, have some of the lowest incidences in England.

Proving lockdowns do work.

STAY THE **** AT HOME.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Proving new virus variant has not reached us yet
      FTFY

Bham doubled infections in a week

2 weeks after Xmas...

Comment

Just to put that in context, my area, a specific voting ward in the North East, had a 800 per 100k rate in Late November and early December.

I live in a suburbian street of around 60 houses, with a football field behind me and then another 100 houses on the other side. (What I'm trying to say is, its not very densely populated)

For the past 4 weeks, everytime I go outside at night, you can genuinelly hear different people continously coughing and hacking up their guts. It's unsettling, like being in a horror movie with a plague everyones being quiet about.

1000 per 100k, living in shared buildings, must be making a lot of people VERY nervous indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          In fairness London declares a major incident whenever it snows
          bunch of spineless softies

Comment

The Metropolitan police said people could be stopped by officers to explain why they are away from home, with Londoners breaching Covid legislation “increasingly likely to face fines”. People not wearing masks when they should be “and without good reason” can also expect to be “fined – not reasoned with”, the force said.
            Only because:
            Crime remains lower than at the same point last year. However, the demand on the police service is significant. Today’s release of statistics confirms the correlation of lower crime levels during periods of national lockdown.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X