• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1325 and raising...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Safer there than in the UK as I think their health system is still functioning.
    So is ours... and did they have a good health system to begin with? Doubt it.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's not though doog.

There's no way the NHS can catch up now, they've a backlog of a years worth of electives , cancer, smears, you name it.

The staff are struggling really badly, across the entire function , it's incredibly demoralising. I was personally a bit dissapointed that clap for heroes stopped.

Even though I agree completely that it's money the NHS needs , not empty gestures from politicians - at a human level it really does raise morale and help - and it's a shame its become demonised.

It's visibly rousing for the majority, and irritating for a minority.

I'm hoping we get a proper enquiry here, not a stage trial, but a real enquiry with consequence. There's no doubt that gross incompetence at best, or (as I believe) planned "cost benefit analysis - public health vs economic growth" has now killed 10's of thousands more than we should have lost.

We continue to gamble, even today. The time for gambling is past.

Comment

Thank God for the option to just fly to any EU country and get health services there!

Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Thank God for the option to just fly to any EU country and get health services there! ..
          Yes, the health services in continental Europe are so much better than ours ..

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You are using (one doze) vaccination numbers in a country that jumped even USA in hasty approval as indicator of total health system

Have you ever seen in paper flu crunch of German's equivalent of Nhs? I can't remember those, but I remember that in this country every winter was a crunch time for Nhs flu, that politicians played the card of reducing waiting lists in this country, it's was fecking appauling even in better times.

Once this Covid disaster is over we'll see which countries have proper health systems based on their recovery to deal with backlog of health operations, my bet would be that Germany will be far ahead of UK.

Comment

It seems from the graphs that Spain is about to have their "oh tulip" phase imminently, France too. If you assume everyone else is going to get the pandemic-with-a-pandemic of new variants, the UK is now where Italy was almost a year ago - prophesying doom.

Comment

The UK is doing better than the rest of Europe in rolling out the vaccine. It's something to be very happy about.

However, it is not a reflection of the overall state of healthcare in the UK.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The UK is doing better than the rest of Europe in rolling out the vaccine. It's something to be very happy about.
                  The only people who are properly vaccinated are those who had 2 shots as per manufacturers tested periods.

We’ll know if it’s better in 12 months when it will become clear whether Tory gamble of increasing period between 2 shots from 3 to 12 weeks was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    The only people who we are certain are properly vaccinated are those who had 2 shots as per manufacturers tested periods.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X