• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bribery and Vaccinations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we may be missing a point or two here. The idea is to minimise the number of people that get properly ill so we have the spare resources to cope with those that do. A second consideration is that by immunising the most at risk groups, the risk of contracting Covid is moved on to those who are also much less likely to get seriously ill, if at all. Hence vaccinate the old codgers and those with high exposure risks like health staff. Vaccinating the younger ones first means the chances of transmission stays the same but the people catching it a far more likely to be seriously ill.

The virus isn't going away, just like the common cold and influenza haven't gone away. we will have to learn to live with it as best we can. And we should expect the jabs to become an annual occurrence to keep up with mutations.

And infection rates and percentages mean nothing. The only real measure is the R number; keep that below 1 and we will be winning.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
      This happens with drugs too all the time. A drug will have horrible medium or long term side effects and it'll either get pulled or just won't get very wide uptake... So then pharmaceutical companies will just change one tiny element and essentially rebrand the same drug... And then get it approved based off short term safety/efficacy... Only for same thing to happen in 10 years.. then repeat cycle..

It's just bizarre to me.
      I presume that you do not understand the point of five level clinical double-blind trials that take years to complete and why there is so much concern among doom merchants about how quickly the COVID-19 vaxes have got to market?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The war may one day be won but currently the trenches are still being dug.

The Trouble With Herd Immunity And Covid-19 Vaccines

Scope of the war is currently it'll be won in a few months to it'll be won never.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          The war may one day be won but currently the trenches are still being dug.

The Trouble With Herd Immunity And Covid-19 Vaccines

Scope of the war is currently it'll be won in a few months to it'll be won never.
          Moderna - 3 for £10 on Borough market.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X