• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paedophile Epstein's lawyer - I’ll defend Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paedophile Epstein's lawyer - I’ll defend Trump

"Dershowitz: I’ll defend Trump from impeachment again

The crew that rallied behind the president in late 2019 is torn as House Democrats rush to impeach him once more.

The legal team that defended President Donald Trump from impeachment is rushing to his side as it happens again.

With House Democrats pushing to impeach the president before he leaves office, Alan Dershowitz, the Trump-allied celebrity attorney, argued that Trump’s encouragement of this week’s Capitol riots was “constitutionally protected” speech. He said it would be his “honor and privilege” to take on the legal defense."

Dershowitz: I’ll defend Trump from impeachment again - POLITICO

To be fair everyone should have a defence lawyer in a democracy, even if they tried to over throw that democracy...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      To be fair everyone should have a defence lawyer in a democracy, even if they tried to over throw that democracy...
      Perhaps a better model would be the legal team is sharing two risks:

1. Risk of conviction (they get say 10% of the penalty given to their client)
      2. Risk of future evidence coming up that proves that the person was guilty at the time of defense (so they share far more than 10% of penalty due in such cases).

Plead guilty legal team gets zero risk.

Worth trying?

Comment

The way things go Dershowitz has got a new big criminal trial on his hands

Comment

This is becoming a bit of a farce and only seems likely to cause more division, but has any President ever been impeached now than once?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            This is becoming a bit of a farce and only seems likely to cause more division
            It's a loyalty test for the "reformed" Republicans to vote to remove him from ofifce - either they are loyal to the US Constitution that they've sworn to defend or obese POS excuse for a human.

Had they done so back in Feb 2020 then lots of people would have been alive and Republicans would have won both Senate and US Presidency

Comment

Impeaching Donald on his last day is not exactly setting a good tone for "let's bring America back together" over the next 4 years.

Just convict him off all his regular crimes once he's done.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Impeaching Donald on his last day is not exactly setting a good tone for "let's bring America back together" over the next 4 years.
                Convicting him more important, but it would send a good signal of unity of he is impeached and removed even if it's the last day on the job: if GOP cleans up now then they'll have very good chance to get back Senate in 2 years, their own arses on the line.

Comment

Just convict him off all his regular crimes once he's done.

Shouldn’t appease fascists. If he has committed high crimes or misdemeanours, due process should be followed, and quickly given that he appears to be having some kind of psychotic episode or breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Shouldn’t appease fascists. If he has committed high crimes or misdemeanours, due process should be followed, and quickly given that he appears to be having some kind of psychotic episode or breakdown.
                    I don't think its just an episode. He has always been like that. And in many ways I agree with what you say.

But why give him any more attention?

I was watching a comedy show last night - an Irishman comedian starting talking about 800 years of Irish oppression and the potato famine. The potato famine is what drove my grandfather's family to the UK. But can we really not move on after the Good Friday agreement?

DD also wants all men to suffer for thousands of years of oppressing women. Thereby alienating half the people she wants to change. Not to mention the transgenderness of her view.

At what point do we try to move forward?

Comment

Working...
                    X