• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter bans President Trump permanently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google has now blocked the Parler app from its store entirely. Reddit has banned the Donald trump forum. He's banned from Snapchat and Twitch.
    Twitter permanently suspends Trump'''s account - BBC News

This seems like companies putting the boot in to me. They are not required to observe free speech, but is it really in the nation's interest private companies decide who can say what on defacto public platforms?

Imagine during Brexit campaigning if Twitter at al decided to block prominent pro-leave leaders, and news channels refused to interview Farage.

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's the COUP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Imagine during Brexit campaigning if Twitter at al decided to block prominent pro-leave leaders, and news channels refused to interview Farage.
        Would be great - no Brexit, things would look at lot brighter now

Comment

It gets better...

"Twitter confirms that it deleted Trump's tweets from @POTUS account

From CNN's Brian Fung

Twitter said Friday evening that it took action against the four tweets that President Trump shared from the @POTUS account.

"As we’ve said, using another account to try to evade a suspension is against our rules," said a Twitter spokesperson. "We have taken steps to enforce this with regard to recent Tweets from the @POTUS account. For government accounts, such as @POTUS and @WhiteHouse, we will not suspend those accounts permanently but will take action to limit their use."

Washington, DC riots and Trump presidency news: Live updates

Trump will now have to beg OldGreg for some aged Twitter Sockies

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It gets better...

"Twitter confirms that it deleted Trump's tweets from @POTUS account

From CNN's Brian Fung

Twitter said Friday evening that it took action against the four tweets that President Trump shared from the @POTUS account.

"As we’ve said, using another account to try to evade a suspension is against our rules," said a Twitter spokesperson. "We have taken steps to enforce this with regard to recent Tweets from the @POTUS account. For government accounts, such as @POTUS and @WhiteHouse, we will not suspend those accounts permanently but will take action to limit their use."

Washington, DC riots and Trump presidency news: Live updates

Trump will now have to beg OldGreg for some aged Twitter Sockies

He’ll have to beg like a doggie and roll over for tummy tickles. Then I’ll consider it.

Comment

Shame CUK doesn't follow a similar process for the repetitive offenders on here - banning them for a day, or month, isn't working. Banter is fine, debate is fine, but there are a couple of posters on CUK who are just plain nasty and need to be 'Donalded'
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Shame CUK doesn't follow a similar process for the repetitive offenders on here - banning them for a day, or month, isn't working. Banter is fine, debate is fine, but there are a couple of posters on CUK who are just plain nasty and need to be 'Donalded'
                  Just a couple? There are 3 mods for a start...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Just a couple? There are 3 mods for a start...
                    It's cold today. I'm wearing mittens. I can only count up to 4
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
                      WHS

Oh & btw The South Will Rise Again

HTH
                      Hi Donald. Glad we could give you a platform after the commies and libtards tried to silence you.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Starting with BP.

However, we can only work within the parameters laid down by the owner of the site.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X