• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter bans President Trump permanently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it OK to have crackpot dictators, foreign regimes that spout anti western drivel and lefty thugs airing their view on these platforms but not leaders of democratic countries even though they may aspire to wannabe dictator status? Exposure is the enemy of crackpots so banning them doesn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
      Why is it OK to have crackpot dictators, foreign regimes that spout anti western drivel and lefty thugs airing their view on these platforms !
      That should not be acceptable either unless said regimes allow equal freedom of speech on their own internal platforms (usually TV)

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Why is it OK to have crackpot dictators, foreign regimes that spout anti western drivel and lefty thugs airing their view on these platforms but not leaders of democratic countries even though they may aspire to wannabe dictator status? Exposure is the enemy of crackpots so banning them doesn't work!
        Because they're not the President of the United States who is immune from prosecution. Trump goes on Twitter and defames people. He can set up his own website if he wants to. Twitter don't want to have their reputation ruined.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Get over to Parler where the Trumps are soliciting for money for the Trump News Network

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There will be a million lawsuits filed against Trump on 21st , will be fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The US is a democratic country it's up to the US people and the laws they agree upon as to whether Twitter can ban President Trump or not from Twitter.

Trump supporters need to get over it. They can whine all they like, they're still losers.

If twitter is forced to air Donald Trump's views then Info Wars must also air Nancy Pelosi views.
              US law has nothing to do with banning someone from Twitter. Twitter usage rules drive bans, like CUK and any other social media platform. The point I was making is that people no longer seem to want to listen to the opposing view. This has been politics for many years now, though, with one side more interested in defaming the other rather than telling us what they'd do.

Amazing how many people can form a strong opinion based on absolutely feck all.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                The point I was making is that people no longer seem to want to listen to the opposing view.
                And guess who was driving this? People like Trump - right wing cretins. I guess at some point smart peopel realise that there is no point argueing with dumb idiots

Comment

US law has nothing to do with banning someone from Twitter. Twitter usage rules drive bans, like CUK and any other social media platform. The point I was making is that people no longer seem to want to listen to the opposing view. This has been politics for many years now, though, with one side more interested in defaming the other rather than telling us what they'd do.

You can have an opposing view on a platform but many jurisdictions have the law you can't incite people to violence.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The reason why Twitter banned Trump was because a mob was looking to lynch the Vice President based on his tweet. He got out in time, but clearly he would have been shot dead had they found him in the Capitol. He's been tweeting for years, so it wasn't simply because they disagreed with his views. It was sensible to ban him otherwise he would be tweeting to get a mob to lynch Biden.

Trump was actually excited when the protestors stormed the Capitol. It was clearly what he'd planned to happen.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 January 2021, 16:05.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

He should not have been given protection to his personal account anyway - only @POTUS tweets should have had "head of state" protection, if at all - the higher the position is the bigger the responsibility for choice of words ought to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X