• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter bans President Trump permanently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What'll they do when they find it didn't happen?
    Move on to the next one, same as they have done for the last 50 predictions that didn't happen.

Comment

We need "The Man in the High Castle"

On a serious note. A bloody good series on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Last week in the Times there was a satirical article promoting ignoring experts, and how much happier it made the author to get all their help advice from Tom599912 on facebook. People wrote letters to their MPs complaining...
        Fair enough. I've been following Tom599912 for some time, and he sometimes incorrectly omits apostrophes from his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Apparently he might be going on TV later today to have a go at 'big tech'. AtW, you have been warned...
          Big tech is very bad for the Interwebs, people should go back to their own sites where they post the tulip they like and people can decide if they want to read it or not

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Big tech is very bad for the Interwebs, people should go back to their own sites where they post the tulip they like and people can decide if they want to read it or not
            But who will run the websites, which hosting companies, what about ISPs, what about...search engines so people can find your website? What about the hardware, should everyone host their own website on a Raspberry Pi at home?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Don't forget Mr. Melty Head Landscape Gardener: New York State Bar Association Launches Historic Inquiry Into Removing Trump Attorney Rudy Giuliani From Its Membership - New York State Bar Association
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Interestingly Trump wants to get rid of Section 230, which absolves internet media companies from the liability of their content. If they do that then Trump will definitely be silenced.

Lets hope he gets it passed.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Is it just me or is the real story here that AWS took down someone's production system at the drop of a hat?

I had no idea what Parler was until today. Regardless of how bad it is, I expect some AWS customers will now be reading their T&Cs a bit more closely, perhaps even considering it to be a risk.
                  Gone are the days you can enter the datacentre and take your servers and data back to safety.
                  Too late!

(I would taken more care with Parler’s T&C’s but there you go...)

https://twitter.com/salmeron_manny/s...934173185?s=21
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Parler is basically an extremely poor platform held together with bits of string and sellotape.

Unfortunately it does appear there are very few rightwing technicians with talent.

This is the key problem.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Unfortunately it does appear there are very few rightwing technicians with talent.
                      It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X