• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter bans President Trump permanently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AtW's backup data centre.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

More tapes than in the worst nightmares of milanbenes...

Comment

So you actually believe in what you originally posted which was:

Big tech is very bad for the Interwebs, people should go back to their own sites where they post the tulip they like and people can decide if they want to read it or not

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why should we move when we don’t break TOS of our service provider??? If we did and they told us to fook off then we’d move for sure. In fact we have 2nd data center (with totally different hosting company) ready for emergencies like that, guess Parler with their much better funding did not have plan B in the first place.
        Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Wouldn't have nous on how to operate it methinks, thats a machine for the big boys, the professionals.
          Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          nah, he's got a Z15 in the kebab shop basement
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            So you actually believe in what you originally posted which was:

Big tech is very bad for the Interwebs, people should go back to their own sites where they post the tulip they like and people can decide if they want to read it or not
            Yes, and we don’t host with AWS or Azure - supporting local British hosting providers rather than tax dodging multinationals: everybody else should be doing the same thing and world will be much a better place.

Comment

What happens when your hosting provider gets taken over, or for all you know is already owned by someone else (I know of one provider in the Midlands that is actually owned by IBM but its very well hidden). How do you know they're not tax dodgers, did you do due diligence? Why not host the systems yourself and have full control?
              Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yes, and we don’t host with AWS or Azure - supporting local British hosting providers rather than tax dodging multinationals: everybody else should be doing the same thing and world will be much a better place.

Comment

Wouldn't have nous on how to operate it methinks, thats a machine for the big boys, the professionals.

yeh, i know. i WAS kidding

Comment

What happens when your hosting provider gets taken over
                  I will get a phone call asking me where I would like a big case of Burgundy fine wine delivered for being such a great loyal customer, probably some nice EU cheeses thrown in.

That’s what happens - and if it doesn’t we’ve got 2nd data center ready, very keen on us expanding foot print there.

Comment

“Despite a posting from Parler’s chief executive on Sunday suggesting the site had many options for alternative hosting and that it would be back online within a week, the court filing suggested that would not be possible.

Parler has tried to find alternative companies to host it and they have fallen through. It has no other options. Without AWS, Parler is finished as it has no way to get online.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

If only they tried to Azerbaijan as Darmy suggested

What a bunch of losers.

Comment

"AWS's decision to effectively terminate Parler's account is apparently motivated by political animus," the complaint reads.

"It is also apparently designed to reduce competition in the microblogging services market to the benefit of Twitter."

Parler social network sues Amazon for pulling support - BBC News

So apparently there is no proof of what they are claiming

Note - apparently they don't dispute wrongful decision under ToS they've agreed to, clearly that would have been their best line of defense - breach of contract that leads to losses. As one would expect AWS ToS would be bullet proof.

Also brings back to one thought- perhaps having Trump piss off Bezos was not a good idea afterall: getting Saudi allies to hack his phone to cause him to divorce his wife and pay her biggest divorce settlement would perhaps make Bezos less willing to protect Trump's interests, apparently.
                      Last edited by AtW; 11 January 2021, 23:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X