• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any weekend plans?

Beautiful morning here so making the most of it.

TFA

Take blood pressure monitor back to the shop this morning to get it fixed under warranty. Transfer chicken curry cooked yesterday afternoon and left to mature to my römertopf. Add fresh coriander and bung in the oven for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Sunday chat with our neighbours about the meeting we're going to have with the developers who want to knock down the flats on two sides of us and building something larger and a lot nearer to our houses. It exceeds local planning zone regulations, so it's in the developers' interests to try to reach a compromise with us. They must have our agreement or go to court against the local planning department - which will cause considerable delay and cost to them, without inconveniencing us one jot.

But we want to reach agreement, as the new buildings, apart from being too close and high for comfort look a lot better than what's currently there.

Probably go walking if the sun continues to shine.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

TFA but will probably be doing SFA although...

Make chocolate chip cookies
      Make tomato sauces
      Go for a walk or two
      Do a spot of work
      Watch this to learn a few new words to use on CUK: https://www.netflix.com/de-en/title/81305757
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        TFA but will probably be doing SFA although...

Make chocolate chip cookies
        Make tomato sauces
        Go for a walk or two
        Do a spot of work
        Watch this to learn a few new words to use on CUK: https://www.netflix.com/de-en/title/81305757
        Sounds like a plan. I have bread in the bread maker. Scones planned. And the damson gin is ready so I have a pile of gin soaked damsons to make apple and damson crumble with for this evening. And more puppy beach time!

Comment

TFA

Need to do a couple of bike rides (on Zwift) as the new race league starts on Tuesday and I've not ridden much over the past couple of months for obvious reasons. We have a team of 6 so I need to pull my weight!

Hoping to get a call off estate agents - contacted a couple of them Monday for valuations so I can sell. They valued Tuesday. I appointed on Wednesday. First viewing (even though no details yet) on Thursday with an offer Thursday evening It was higher than my own valuation, but lower than the 2 estate agent valuations, so I'm pushing for a bit more ..... hence hoping I have some negotiations today.

Apart from that, a quiet day. With businesses shut over the weekend I can have a rest from funeral planning etc.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            And more puppy beach time!
            I thought that photo was of some fuzzy bear not usually seen in the UK. What breed of dog is it?

Thinking of going to the beach myself tomorrow, when tide is at its lowest around sunrise so can go when its quiet for a run, but it's a drive just outside 'the local area' so seeing if there are any local reports of plod having picnics then kicking off with visitors when caught red handed at the beach now the donut shops are closed.

I suppose I'd take the £100 fine and get it dismissed later when shown they didn't stick to the law only their mishandled interpretation of what is currently advice not law.

Rather that than suffer the trecherous local tarmac paths that aren't being gritted so are now too icy to run on, which is a bigger risk of requiring hospital treatment than driving somewhere safer (on gritted roads) and avoiding covidiots.

Edit: That rozzer picnic story has an update:

Covid: Fines reviewed after women 'surrounded by police'

The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."

The NPCC added that rather than issue fines for people who travel out of their local area "but are not breaching regulations, officers will encourage people to follow the guidance".

So looks like it's safe to drive to a suitable place for exercise after all, as long as not taking the piss by driving a long way.

Local fuzz say they will be using ANPR to check for vehicles 'not local'.
            Last edited by Hobosapien; 9 January 2021, 10:28.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              I thought that photo was of some fuzzy bear not usually seen in the UK. What breed of dog is it?

Thinking of going to the beach myself tomorrow, when tide is at its lowest around sunrise so can go when its quiet for a run, but it's a drive just outside 'the local area' so seeing if there are any local reports of plod having picnics then kicking off with visitors when caught red handed at the beach now the donut shops are closed.

I suppose I'd take the £100 fine and get it dismissed later when shown they didn't stick to the law only their mishandled interpretation of what is currently advice not law.

Rather that than suffer the trecherous local tarmac paths that aren't being gritted so are now too icy to run on, which is a bigger risk of requiring hospital treatment than driving somewhere safer (on gritted roads) and avoiding covidiots.

Edit: That rozzer picnic story has an update:

Covid: Fines reviewed after women 'surrounded by police'

The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."

The NPCC added that rather than issue fines for people who travel out of their local area "but are not breaching regulations, officers will encourage people to follow the guidance".

So looks like it's safe to drive to a suitable place for exercise after all, as long as not taking the piss by driving a long way.

Local fuzz say they will be using ANPR to check for vehicles 'not local'.
              That is a bernedoodle- Bernese Mountain Dog/ standard poodle cross. She is 5 months and going to be massive. That’s the tiny beach at the end of the road. We have five proper beaches within the 5km exercise radius so can take our pick.

Comment

TFA

Not a lot planned. I've been a bit poorly so date night with HWMBO is unlikely to happen.

Waiting to see if I can pick up a parcel from M&S today. That will be about the only outdoor venture I suspect.

Ocado delivering tomorrow, need to finalise the order today.

I ought to take the car for a drive to keep the battery topped up but suspect that's illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  TFA

Not a lot planned. I've been a bit poorly so date night with HWMBO is unlikely to happen.

Waiting to see if I can pick up a parcel from M&S today. That will be about the only outdoor venture I suspect.

Ocado delivering tomorrow, need to finalise the order today.

I ought to take the car for a drive to keep the battery topped up but suspect that's illegal.
                  Not Covid like illness I hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Not Covid like illness I hope?
                    No, unless I've got a super new variant that leaves the lungs alone entirely

Comment

Working...
                    X