• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: Vaccine's offered to every adult in UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom: Vaccine's offered to every adult in UK ...

...by autumn. Autumn starts on 22 September according to the article. I get the feeling the writer and editor don't believe the Health Secretary.

I watched the program and Hancock said that when it was pointed out vaccinating the priority groups wouldn't stop the pandemic, mainly as the average age of people in hospitals with Covid has gone down to 60.

(Fecksake auto-correct)

Covid vaccine: Every adult to be offered jab by autumn | Metro News

Every adult to be offered Covid vaccine by autumn The Health Secretary said 2 million jabs have now been administered

The Health Secretary has promised that every adult will be ‘offered’ a coronavirus vaccine by autumn. Matt Hancock said people over 18 would be ‘offered’ – but did not say ‘given’ – a Covid-19 jab by that deadline, though he did not clarify when exactly he meant after the summer. Mr Hancock told the BBC’s Andrew Marr show that the vaccine roll out was now ‘accelerating’ and around 2 million people had been given a jab. Asked if the government could ‘vaccinate everyone’ by the autumn, he said yes. However, Mr Hancock then clarified: ‘every adult will be offered a vaccine by the autumn, absolutely’.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 10 January 2021, 11:53.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

And your point is?

He has to say "offered", otherwise the snowflakes would be screaming about being forced to have one (or two, to be precise).

Of course the age of those in hospital has gone down on average. The old and vulnerable have been shielding. The new variant is infecting more people more easily. Put the two together and you can perhaps understand why.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      And your point is?

He has to say "offered", otherwise the snowflakes would be screaming about being forced to have one (or two, to be precise).

Of course the age of those in hospital has gone down on average. The old and vulnerable have been shielding. The new variant is infecting more people more easily. Put the two together and you can perhaps understand why.
      He could have said "will be able to have" or "should have had if they want one".

"Offered" just means between 1- 22 September loads of vaccine make an appointment letters will be in the post or delivered but no-one will be able to get a Covid vaccine like what happened to the flu vaccine this year.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

‘Offered’ doesn’t mean receive though does it.
        They could offer me one today. I’ll still not get it for months and quite possibly not till 2022.

Weasel words from a weasel.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He could have said "will be able to have" or "should have had if they want one".

"Offered" just means between 1- 22 September loads of vaccine make an appointment letters will be in the post or delivered but no-one will be able to get a Covid vaccine like what happened to the flu vaccine this year.
          As you can see into the future, could you pm me with Septembers lottery numbers please? I've been offered a flu jab twice (once in November, and again in the last week), and chose not to have it. I'll be having the Covid vaccine though. Hopefully around March/April, as a consequence of being over 50...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Words are cheap. I don't trust any statement from this government
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Yes, he could. He could have said something considerably longer. But what would have been the point?

Honestly the posts on here are getting to be a form of semantic numerology. Dissect every statement by anyone, look for totally unlikely hidden meanings and then shade them by an ill-considered and naïve view of the latest conspiracy theory. then proclaim it as the new truth. It's getting really tedious, but at least it provides entertainment for the terminally bored.

Good job people are largely anonymous around here, or none of you would ever work again.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sounds like they already know that they won’t vaccinate everybody who wants before 2021 winter wave

On a positive side I think they will run out of volunteers who want it in summer - just like last year as soon as cases go low desire to get vaccine will drop again

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  ‘Offered’ doesn’t mean receive though does it.
                  They could offer me one today. I’ll still not get it for months and quite possibly not till 2022.

Weasel words from a weasel.
                  While I view the UK government as the worst in living memory, in this case, I think they are using the word ‘offer’ to avoid the suggestion that vaccination will be mandatory. In any case, the government is perfectly happy to make ridiculous promises and commitments that will never be fulfilled.

Comment

That’s how to do it -

“ One in five Israelis have been given first doses of coronavirus vaccines, roughly 10 times higher than the rate in the UK and US, with the country aiming to have inoculated all eligible age groups within two months.

Israel’s lightning-fast vaccine campaign had been expected to slow down this week as the first batches of Pfizer/BioNTech doses ran low.

However, on Saturday night, the prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said he had secured a commitment from the pharmaceutical company to bring forward deliveries in return for Israel providing “statistical data” – in effect making the country a mass test case to see how vaccines might halt the pandemic.

“We will be the first country in the world to emerge from the coronavirus,” Netanyahu said.

“The agreement that I have made with Pfizer will enable us to vaccinate all citizens of Israel over the age of 16 by the end of March and perhaps even earlier,” he added. Later, while receiving his second dose of the vaccine, Netanyahu said the country could do it within two months.”

Netanyahu touts Pfizer deal as 20% of Israelis get Covid jab | World news | The Guardian

I guess Israel did not have GDPR, but id they did they’d tell it to go fook itself due to emergency

Comment

Working...
                    X