• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: Vaccine's offered to every adult in UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    While I view the UK government as the worst in living memory,
    Not even close. Try the Callaghan one, or the Blair-let's-go-to-war-and-kill-a-lot-of-people one or the MacMillan one or the Gorgon one, all of which nearly bankrupted the UK, or the abortion that was the Cameron/Clegg bromance that failed to do everything it said it would and did do a lot of things it said it wouldn't.

However...

in this case, I think they are using the word ‘offer’ to avoid the suggestion that vaccination will be mandatory. In any case, the government is perfectly happy to make ridiculous promises and commitments that will never be fulfilled.
    I believe I already said that.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      As you can see into the future, could you pm me with Septembers lottery numbers please? I've been offered a flu jab twice (once in November, and again in the last week), and chose not to have it. I'll be having the Covid vaccine though. Hopefully around March/April, as a consequence of being over 50...
      I’m over 50. March/April would be fantastic but relies on BoJo’s promise that cannot be delivered. There’s over 20m people ahead of us in the queue.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Once 2nd doses will need to be administered vaccination will slow down to crawl

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Sounds like they already know that they won’t vaccinate everybody who wants before 2021 winter wave

On a positive side I think they will run out of volunteers who want it in summer - just like last year as soon as cases go low desire to get vaccine will drop again
          Good. I hope so. I’ll have one thank you very much.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Good. I hope so. I’ll have one thank you very much.
            Summer will bring its own British only logistical challenges - leaves on rails, or rails got too hot

Comment

I guess Israel did not have GDPR, but id they did they’d tell it to go fook itself due to emergency
              There are weird circumstances in Israel, though, like population size (small), geography, size of the "priority group" (over 60s), willingness to vaccinate outside the priority group etc., all of which lend to vaccinating large numbers fast. Had we decided to have a much shallower priority grouping, I dare say it would've been quicker here too. Still, as far as international comparisons go, we're doing pretty well on vaccinations (unlike most other things).

Comment

The point is Israel doing like 10 times better - AND they secured extra supply to finish by end of March- at a cost of providing stats to Pfizer which will benefit whole world, pretty certain that offer was on the table for UK too.

Comment

The point is Israel doing like 10 times better - AND they secured extra supply to finish by end of March- at a cost of providing stats to Pfizer which will benefit whole world, pretty certain that offer was on the table for UK too.
                  Sure, and we're doing around 4x better than most EU countries and 15x better than France. As I say, internationally, we're doing pretty well. I don't think Israel is planning to finish by the end of March. I think they have a goal of 80% by May. Otherwise, reference, please...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Sure, and we're doing around 4x better than most EU countries and 15x better than France. As I say, internationally, we're doing pretty well. I don't think Israel is planning to finish by the end of March. I think they have a goal of 80% by May. Otherwise, reference, please...
                    UK doing better because approval was pushed quicker than even US!

Reference given above - with this new deal with Pfizer they aim to finish by end of March, this is beyond good result - will kill some cretinous conspiracies also

Comment

UK doing better because approval was pushed quicker than even US!

Reference given above - with this new deal with Pfizer they aim to finish by end of March, this is beyond good result - will kill some cretinous conspiracies also
                      That isn't a reference, it's an anecdote. Where did you find this updated target? I cannot find it. I can find a reference to 80% by the end of May, although this was a few days ago (link at the bottom of this article: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eries-for-data).

I have no problem with commending the vaccine rollout in Israel - excellent job.

You seem to have a problem with commending the vaccine rollout here, which is weird...

Comment

Working...
                      X