• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: Vaccine's offered to every adult in UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Or he is willing to take decisions but not with reference to earlier ones? In other words, is he being driven by his advisors more than he should be. The jury is out on that one, but personally I'm not convinced that this situation is manageable by anything other than quick, tactical decisions. A long term strategy is simply unviable when faced with moving goalposts and an intransigent population.

But the mistakes made at the outset are utterly irrelevant to the last three months' happenings. Some have been badly wrong or badly thought out, but we have to wait a while longer before we decide how well the end result was.

And while little countries like Israel, NZ, Singapore are doing fairly well, we are far from being the worst off around the world - or even Europe.
    What do you make of him telling people to go into work if they can, against official advice?
    Johnson urges people to return to work if they can, contradicting government advice

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      What do you make of him telling people to go into work if they can, against official advice?
      Johnson urges people to return to work if they can, contradicting government advice
      He said he wants people to go back to work to cinemas and restaurants.

He also said people should follow government guidelines (aka "laws") at all times.

So other than wanting to prove you can't read your point is ?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So PM says - "I want you to go to your work!"

And then adds small print - "As long as it's legal and the jobs I've specifically mentioned are not"

Then you think it's a responsible way for the Prime Minister to act during health emergency?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So PM says - "I want you to go to your work!"

And then adds small print - "As long as it's legal and the jobs I've specifically mentioned are not"

Then you think it's a responsible way for the Prime Minister to act during health emergency?
          Of course he does. A Tory PM said it!

Comment

Of course he does. A Tory PM said it!
            And if Labour PM said that?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              He said he wants people to go back to work to cinemas and restaurants.

He also said people should follow government guidelines (aka "laws") at all times.

So other than wanting to prove you can't read your point is ?
              I should have thought that the point is obvious enough but I will spell it out. If the government advice is to work at home if possible, it is irresponsible for the PM to tell people to start to go to work if they can. Do you disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                And if Labour PM said that?
                That is a question for Mal.

Comment

I should have thought that the point is obvious enough but I will spell it out. If the government advice is to work at home if possible, it is irresponsible for the PM to tell people to start to go to work if they can. Do you disagree?
                  No, because that's not what he said. Read it again, slowly.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That is a question for Mal.
                    When I see a Labour PM who isn't or wasn't a complete failure, then I might have an opinion. Until then, any Labour leaders can be safely ignored as irrelevant. Especially the unelected ones.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So if any Labour PM said it malvolio won't follow the advice because he has not seen competent Labour PM.

It follows malvolio believe Boris is a competent PM...

Comment

Working...
                      X