• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New strict, very harsh measures considered by HMG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New strict, very harsh measures considered by HMG

"There will be a particular focus on supermarkets, following concerns some shops have relaxed the rules and are putting their customers at risk.

They will be reminded they should implement one-way systems, and that customers should be made to wear face coverings and follow social distancing rules, it is expected.

Expanding the rules on facemasks, which could see them become mandatory in some outdoor settings such as supermarket queues, and inside workplaces for those still attending, is also being discussed in Government circles.

A Downing Street source insisted the focus was on enforcing the current regime, however, and “making sure people aren’t using their own creativeness to interpret the rules how they want to”."

Ministers consider tightening lockdown rules on exercise and face masks

The virus is as good as defeated.

FFS, I thought masks were mandatory inside supermarkets (everyfecking where inside) already???

They can do whatever the feck they want now, including locking everyone up in their homes for the next month, the damage has already been done and all that is left is to wait till the peak is over (whenever that comes):

https://twitter.com/SurreyFRS/status...123416072?s=19

Comment

I can imagine willing compliance of the shoppers with instructions from the shop staff. But not in the UK.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I can imagine willing compliance of the shoppers with instructions from the shop staff. But not in the UK.
        Yep.

The only way to get compliance in the UK is to do "no mask, no entry" on the door using security guards.

If you can't wear a mask and that shop or a similar shop does "click and collect" or online deliveries then you should be given a leaflet to shop that way. The reason I say a similar shop was because Burger King advertised MacDonalds when they were shut to help keep people in a job.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The situation with shopping here is:

- shops have only one separate entrance and one separate exit
          - most tend to have someone at the door
          - every shopper must have either a trolley or basket
          - there are only a finite amount of trolley and/or baskets which means you cannot enter without one
          - hand sanitisers at entrance and exit
          - face and nose coverings must be worn, some shops even state you have to wear them in the carpark too

Seems to work...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Supermarkets needs proper accredited trained bouncers that aren't afraid to take down perps and kick them out. Not some namby pamby trolley collector given a high viz jacket to tick a box for the rules.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              The situation with shopping here is:

- shops have only one separate entrance and one separate exit
              - most tend to have someone at the door
              - every shopper must have either a trolley or basket
              - there are only a finite amount of trolley and/or baskets which means you cannot enter without one
              - hand sanitisers at entrance and exit
              - face and nose coverings must be worn, some shops even state you have to wear them in the carpark too

Seems to work...

Like the trolley or basket ticket option.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Like the trolley or basket ticket option.
                M&S food near me does that. Fecking Sainsburys just before Xmas was rammed, I walked in and straight out, I have done that a few times elsewhere too. What is really annoying me at the moment is supermarket tills where the person behind won't wait for a reasonable distance to appear before unloading their trolley, and some of these have been fat v.old twats who should be more cautious! Although a forced cough usually does the trick!
                Last edited by Gibbon; 11 January 2021, 10:59. Reason: more info!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I've said before that there are a huge number of unemployed bouncers around who could be hired by supermarkets and so on. Your average shelf-stacker is not looking to get a load of abuse for asking people to wear their mask.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is the way to deal with them.

Man remanded on bail for not wearing mask in shop

Comment

Working...
                    X