• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New strict, very harsh measures considered by HMG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Your average shelf-stacker is not looking to get a load of abuse for asking people to wear their mask.
    Chances of getting stabbed to death for that are likely to be higher than getting Covid and then even smaller chance of fatality.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      This is the way to deal with them.

Man remanded on bail for not wearing mask in shop
      Problem is in the UK once arrested like these - Bench arrest video 'stage-managed by anti-lockdown protesters' - BBC News they identify themselves so they only get a fine.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I hope they don't put a one-way system in the Sainsbury's I go to. I always have to double back a few aisles for something I forgot I wanted, usually more than once; if I have to go all the way round the board and back to the start, I'll be in there for hours

And what about when they suddenly move things from where they were to a completely different part of the store, as they seem to do every few months? I walked back and forth the length of the store three times before I finally found the toothpaste the last time they did that. Surely having everybody go round the entire store multiple times because jam is now next to eggs isn't in anybody's interests.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I hope they don't put a one-way system in the Sainsbury's I go to. I always have to double back a few aisles for something I forgot I wanted, usually more than once; if I have to go all the way round the board and back to the start, I'll be in there for hours

And what about when they suddenly move things from where they were to a completely different part of the store, as they seem to do every few months? I walked back and forth the length of the store three times before I finally found the toothpaste the last time they did that. Surely having everybody go round the entire store multiple times because jam is now next to eggs isn't in anybody's interests.
          Most likely one way within an aisle but now between aisles.

Comment

The wife can do the shopping.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              The wife can do the shopping.
              I thought ashe already bought the white lightening for you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I thought ashe already bought the white lightening for you?
                8 Ace!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Someone with your talent could create an app for the supermarkets that acts like a satnav to the products you're interested in, so no wrong turns or missed pick ups.

Once it's popular you can licence it to the supermarkets for integration in those handlheld scan as you go devices for the real kerching.

Feel free to drop me a few mill when it's IPOd for many billions.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Think of the extra steps!

Someone cleverly did a shopping satnav for in stores a while ago but had trouble getting the shops to organise and share the data - it needed to be done on a per shop basis. Not sure how shops such as Homebase who are unable to label goods with a price in their stores will cope.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Someone with your talent could create an app for the supermarkets that acts like a satnav to the products you're interested in, so no wrong turns or missed pick ups.

Once it's popular you can licence it to the supermarkets for integration in those handlheld scan as you go devices for the real kerching.

Feel free to drop me a few mill when it's IPOd for many billions.
                      I don't know if it's still the case, but that's how Tesco first did home deliveries - a staff member went out in store with a trolley to pick stuff from the shelves, guided by a handheld device that knew where everything was.

But as vetran says, unless the shops provide an open API of some kind for their in-store location data, everything falls apart when the jam gets moved next to the eggs for no good reason

I've taken to using the handheld self-scan things lately. What they could do with is a system that allows me to create a shopping list on my phone (or online and send it to my phone), then send that over to the handheld scanner when it's activated (Bluetooth should be able to manage that), and the scanner then guides me round the shop by the most efficient path.

Comment

Working...
                      X