• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New strict, very harsh measures considered by HMG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will likely require the type of rfid product tagging that that Amazon Store must use to track when produce is taken out of store so the customer is automatically billed. Simple cheap security tags on everything to allow automation of product discovery and movement.

Though we are then reliant on them not being able to track the produce to our homes so theives can kick the door in when there's a toilet roll shortage.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Covid madness has hit the UK...

People in cars alone with a face mask on?

Community centre by me is going to house a mobile testing centre. Residents are getting a petition together because people driving past to go there are "putting them at risk". If it could transmit through the car windows, 10m up the driveway, through you're front door or window, I think we'd all be dead by now.

Astonishing stupidity....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I hope they don't put a one-way system in the Sainsbury's I go to. I always have to double back a few aisles for something I forgot I wanted, usually more than once; if I have to go all the way round the board and back to the start, I'll be in there for hours

And what about when they suddenly move things from where they were to a completely different part of the store, as they seem to do every few months? I walked back and forth the length of the store three times before I finally found the toothpaste the last time they did that. Surely having everybody go round the entire store multiple times because jam is now next to eggs isn't in anybody's interests.
        Boots are the best at that.

Where are the plasters. Next to hair brushes and shoe polish?????

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
          Boots are the best at that.

Where are the plasters. Next to hair brushes and shoe polish?????
          No it was Tescos who won hands down. They use to rotate where their stuff was placed every 5 days.

They stopped doing it so frequently when they sent senior managers into a store with a shopping list.....

Oh and they told their staff to be happy and pleasant on the tills. It was funny....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X