• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Click and collect services could be restricted to supermarkets only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Went to buy milk, bread and fruit/veg (which for some reason seemed to be in good supply despite recent events). Seemed quite quiet and well organised.
    I expect most places are like this as most people are reasonable and are doing their best. It just so happens that there are some bad apples and they just happen to be causing problems when a press photographer is passing...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Convenient as it is, I can't really consider visiting Screwfix as essential. It's not really taking a lockdown seriously to insist I must be allowed to visit a takeaway, garden centre, DIY store, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Convenient as it is, I can't really consider visiting Screwfix as essential.
        I do having had a u-bend issue after lockdown 1 meaning I couldn't use my kitchen sink.

I actually went to Toolstation but the branch was on the same industrial estate as Screwfix and other building trade retailers.

Both stores were empty, had their doors open and Toolstation only allowed one customer in at a time.

It's not really taking a lockdown seriously to insist I must be allowed to visit a takeaway, garden centre, DIY store, etc.
        The only takeaway I seen that has been full of people is "Pret". One of the other coffee shops in my area had issues but it is clear the council spoke to them and now no-one is allowed in the premises.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Convenient as it is, I can't really consider visiting Screwfix as essential. It's not really taking a lockdown seriously to insist I must be allowed to visit a takeaway, garden centre, DIY store, etc.
          Lots of trades use Screwfix too so I guess that means it's also not essential for plumbers and electricians to do repairs. Smell gas? We'll fix it at Easter, just keep the windows open and don't use the light switches.

I know you didn't mean that but it's impractical to segregate who can/can't use a particular shop.

Comment

DIY stores and the like here are only open to tradespeople

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Lots of trades use Screwfix too so I guess that means it's also not essential for plumbers and electricians to do repairs. Smell gas? We'll fix it at Easter, just keep the windows open and don't use the light switches.

I know you didn't mean that but it's impractical to segregate who can/can't use a particular shop.
              It's very easy to restrict sales to those with a trade account. Lots of trades merchants only sell to trade already, though Screwfix is often more convenient.

Also, you can still buy from SF for delivery.

Comment

It's very easy to restrict sales to those with a trade account. Lots of trades merchants only sell to trade already, though Screwfix is often more convenient.

Also, you can still buy from SF for delivery.
                SF and Toolstation have some items they don't deliver.

It's the likes of B&Q and Homebase that are more likely to be the problem as they sell home furnishings and garden stuff including plants.

I've never seen anyone in Wickes, SF or Toolstation just browsing....

Comment

No but you see a queue 20 deep at times to be served.
                  The things they don't deliver, are they essential? Could you find an alternative seller online?

By its very nature lockdown is likely to be damned annoying and inconvenient. It's an extreme thing. That seems to be the message that's lost, it's just the norm now. I'm as guilty of it as anyone else... I could easily get everything I need and most luxuries I don't need from the DPD driver just like you

I compromise by visiting places when they're dead quiet but it's clearly not essential. We're all hypocrites
                  Last edited by d000hg; 12 January 2021, 23:21.

Comment

Scotland from Saturday.

BBC News - Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced
                    Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Scotland from Saturday.

BBC News - Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced
                      Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced - BBC News
                      Fantastic. England can use the new data the Scots accumulate over the coming weeks to prove it does or doesn't make a real difference before following with similarly unsubstantiated claims it will improve the situation.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X