• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Click and collect services could be restricted to supermarkets only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Fantastic. England can use the new data the Scots accumulate over the coming weeks to prove it does or doesn't make a real difference before following with similarly unsubstantiated claims it will improve the situation.
    If you wait weeks then thousands more may die. Anywhere people are in contact will cause transmission. Not just customers but staff. I've been to collect a takeaway and found the tiny 'waiting room' rammed before, but you have to go in to tell them you're there. And that was a major chain who has resources to figure out a better system.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      If you wait weeks then thousands more may die. Anywhere people are in contact will cause transmission. Not just customers but staff. I've been to collect a takeaway and found the tiny 'waiting room' rammed before, but you have to go in to tell them you're there. And that was a major chain who has resources to figure out a better system.
      Hang on, but it was you who said these would not be real, but imaginary deaths?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Scotland from Saturday.

BBC News - Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced
        Tightening of Scottish lockdown rules announced - BBC News
        So, drinking outdoors will be banned from Saturday. If I know Scotland, there's going to be massive crowds all bluttered on the streets on Friday night. Great.

Comment

Your council is slacking. Contact the local environmental health they will sort them out.

All my local takeaways (apart from Pret) do one in, one out or order at the door. You order then hang around outside in the rain/cold. They then signal to you to pick up your order when is ready.

Alternatively, you can phone up in advance and be given a collection time. You then go and pick it up at your collection time. If someone is there before you, you have to wait until they exit.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If it's that serious then supermarkets aren't safe without the queuing system from lockdown 1 to limit numbers inside and at tills.
            Ban sale of non essential food, so no more cakes, biscuits, chocolate, anything with red warnings on the health scale ... I predict a riot.

Close them all for public acess and get the army to do meals on wheels to everyone. Army rations likely healthier than much of the crap people are eating through own choice. They may lose weight and move out of the at more risk categories.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Hang on, but it was you who said these would not be real, but imaginary deaths?
              They're not real until they happen.

If it's that serious then supermarkets aren't safe without the queuing system from lockdown 1 to limit numbers inside and at tills.
              I've seen local supermarkets do this. They frequently put people on the door when it gets busy.

However, it's about minimising contact and risk. That can be done by reducing how many shops someone visits... they have to be able to buy food but if other places are non-essential overall numbers can be cut.

Comment

Your council is slacking. Contact the local environmental health they will sort them out.

All my local takeaways (apart from Pret) do one in, one out or order at the door. You order then hang around outside in the rain/cold. They then signal to you to pick up your order when is ready.

Alternatively, you can phone up in advance and be given a collection time. You then go and pick it up at your collection time. If someone is there before you, you have to wait until they exit.
                That's why I was surprised a big national chain wasn't doing it, when they have made other changes, and local places seem to be doing similar to what you describe.

I mean the shop might have a 2-person-maximum sign on the door but if 2 people turn up and place orders, and I turn up to collect an order that is ready to collect, I can't get in to get my food until theirs is cooked
                And they don't tend to have anyone on the counter so you can open the door and check before entering.

Comment

The supermarkets around me are doing this.

Again I suspect it depends on where you are and/or how decimated your local environmental health teams are.

Comment

That's why I was surprised a big national chain wasn't doing it, when they have made other changes, and local places seem to be doing similar to what you describe.

I mean the shop might have a 2-person-maximum sign on the door but if 2 people turn up and place orders, and I turn up to collect an order that is ready to collect, I can't get in to get my food until theirs is cooked
                    And they don't tend to have anyone on the counter so you can open the door and check before entering.
                    Email them a complaint or even better contact them on Twitter.

Comment

Email them a complaint or even better contact them on Twitter.
                      Yeah I might.

Comment

Working...
                      X