• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We Are Great Britain...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amount was chosen to allow the company to suffer small loss of Eton lunches and make up for it elsewhere - a packed sandwich with beluga caviar ain’t cheap these days!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Providing packed meals has lead to easy opportunities to make a quick buck whether by the school or the caterer. In some cases early on, probably due to logistical challenges - remember shielding people being sent the most random boxes of food?
      The food was frequently rotten, too much of something e.g. carrots and poor quality.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The food was frequently rotten, too much of something e.g. carrots and poor quality.
        And for some of us pretty fecking dangerous. I started dialysis Just as LD1 started and was initially told to shield. Used the shielding service once. I was on a very restrictive diet, very low potassium, salt and phosphorous. Told them on a kidney diet. Sent me orange juice, bananas, cheap ham, sausages (packed with salt &phosphorous as an additive), tomatoes etc. If I'd ate the box it would have probably killed me, potassium only has to be a little bit high and goodnight Vienna (that's why they use it to stop the heart on death row!!); Decided less risky to buy my own food. Then went down to cat 2, weirdly have a transplant and back to cAT 1 cev.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

We forget just how rushed it all was in L1and how little logistics there was in place... I picture someone just putting anything they could find in boxes.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            And for some of us pretty fecking dangerous. I started dialysis Just as LD1 started and was initially told to shield. Used the shielding service once. I was on a very restrictive diet, very low potassium, salt and phosphorous. Told them on a kidney diet. Sent me orange juice, bananas, cheap ham, sausages (packed with salt &phosphorous as an additive), tomatoes etc. If I'd ate the box it would have probably killed me, potassium only has to be a little bit high and goodnight Vienna (that's why they use it to stop the heart on death row!!); Decided less risky to buy my own food. Then went down to cat 2, weirdly have a transplant and back to cAT 1 cev.
            You got bananas!

I just got apples and loads of fecking carrots. Why would one person want 2KG of carrots 3 weeks in a row? Managed to get help to get them given to some OAPs.

I've now been downgraded thank feck.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You got bananas!

I just got apples and loads of fecking carrots. Why would one person want 2KG of carrots 3 weeks in a row? Managed to get help to get them given to some OAPs.

Yes bananas, couldn't eat even one of them. I can eat carrots boiled and drained!!!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

You got bananas!

Carrots are pretty versatile if you are in a real emergency situation and at least they store well!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Carrots are pretty versatile if you are in a real emergency situation and at least they store well!
                  You can make wine out of them...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    You can make wine out of them...
                    And cake.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      And cake.
                      And snowmen.

Comment

Working...
                      X