• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We Are Great Britain...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Why don't I get such juicy contracts. At that price I can even give them a little bit caviar.
    Were you educated in Eton? Have you offered directorship to a Tory MP?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

This whole thing makes me really angry.

Is this where the UK is now.

Arguing about feeding children for f### s###.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
        This whole thing makes me really angry.

Is this where the UK is now.

Arguing about feeding children for f### s###.
        Whom did you vote for in the last elections?

Tory? <case closed>

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Whom did you vote for in the last elections?

Tory? <case closed>
          Not sure it matters who I voted for?

Who did you vote for?

Feeding children should not be about politics.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Seen and listened to teachers, TA and even suppliers saying they would prefer most of the families to have vouchers. However for the teachers and TAs they can use delivery of the food parcels to check on the minority of students they are worried about.
            Vouchers is by far the more efficient way BUT the point of free school meals initiative is not simply that poor parents can't afford food for their children, but to ensure children from deprived areas/families get a decent, nutritious meal each day.
            Forget the tired "they'll spend it on booze and fags" cliche, lots of children are fed extremely badly not from lack of funds but lack of care/lack of knowledge by their carers.

As you say, giving them actual food is a valuable opportunity to check on the family as well as ensuring they get real food. However, a lot of families wouldn't know what to do with a lovely box of fresh veg.
            Delivering actual meals would be wonderful but of course a huge challenge to actually do.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hancock: "I'm really glad we're able to send out food for those who receive free school meals when schools are in, and I'm really glad we're able to do that when schools are out."

GMB: "If you're that glad, can I ask you a question, why did you vote against it?"

Hancock: "Well I'm really glad we're able to put it into place,"

GMB: "Well if you're 'really glad' why did you as health secretary vote against this?"

Hancock: "Well... because... the reason I'm glad now is because we've been able to sort that out and put it in place".

GMB: "No thanks to you!"
              GMB: "Let's be honest you got shamed into it by a young football player with a conscience who managed to prick the conscience of you and the government,"
              GMB: "Do you regret now, given how glad you now are, voting against it?"
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                Not sure it matters who I voted for?

Who did you vote for?

Feeding children should not be about politics.
                <Modsnip>You voted for these greedy pigs to be in power and now you are moaning at what they are known to be very good at, make rich richer and kick the poor even further into poverty
                Last edited by NotAllThere; 13 January 2021, 15:35. Reason: Your quite able to express your contempt without resorting to abuse. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Hancock: "I'm really glad we're able to send out food for those who receive free school meals when schools are in, and I'm really glad we're able to do that when schools are out."

GMB: "If you're that glad, can I ask you a question, why did you vote against it?"

Hancock: "Well I'm really glad we're able to put it into place,"

GMB: "Well if you're 'really glad' why did you as health secretary vote against this?"

Hancock: "Well... because... the reason I'm glad now is because we've been able to sort that out and put it in place".

GMB: "No thanks to you!"
                  GMB: "Let's be honest you got shamed into it by a young football player with a conscience who managed to prick the conscience of you and the government,"
                  GMB: "Do you regret now, given how glad you now are, voting against it?"
                  Which vote are we talking about? Who is GMB?

I remember the vote about continuing FSM during holidays, but not when schools are closed during term time. Was the interviewer twisting things slightly or was there a vote on this?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Which vote are we talking about? Who is GMB?

I remember the vote about continuing FSM during holidays, but not when schools are closed during term time. Was the interviewer twisting things slightly or was there a vote on this?
                    Good Morning Britain (Piers Morgan?)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Good Morning Britain (Piers Morgan?)
                      And his sidekick butted in a few times...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X