• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Critical Worker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical Worker

Who has sent little Dilbert/Doris in to school and carried on billing much to the annoyance of other parents?
    Make Mercia Great Again!

My best mate who works in CID and her partner, who is a traffic cop, has.

But that's not what you were hoping to hear

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      My best mate who works in CID and her partner, who is a traffic cop, has.

But that's not what you were hoping to hear
      I was offered the chance to send them in but decided against it so juggling homeschooling and invoicing
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mrs V has been minding plenty of Key workers kids (food supply/Healthcare/Teachers) throughout.

The school was being snotty if only one Parent was a key worker and expected the other much higher earning parent to stop work so the key worker can go in, not sure how you are meant to live on a care workers wage in the south east.

The schooling was not much more than baby sitting last time, not heard this time.

We are getting about < 1 hour of work a day for reception and Ks1.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I saw a bbc article recently where parents where both had a job were whining. I am sure those households where neither had a job really felt their plight.

Comment

Can you not get furloughed if you need to stay home for childcare (if you are employed obviously?)
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I saw a bbc article recently where parents where both had a job were whining. I am sure those households where neither had a job really felt their plight.

It affects all sorts, different ways.

I have had full pay & working from home since the start, Mrs V with the grants will turn over nearly the same, she has been quite generous to help others out. We are just lucky so far!

The home schooling lack of going out and the isolation are a pain though.

Friends & neighbours have been furloughed and lost jobs as have Mrs V's customers.

Rather be fully employed and have no danger of losing my home!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Can you not get furloughed if you need to stay home for childcare (if you are employed obviously?)
                In theory, yes, but there have been cases where employers have refused. I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head so can't say what reason/excuse was given.

Comment

The rules are:

- everyone who can work from home must do so
                  - if you cannot work from home, plan your journey to avoid crowds

I suspect that a very good percentage of people on here have jobs where you can work from home but how many actually are?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Christ Brillo, that's a special kind of stupid take.

Comment

Working...
                    X