• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be ver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be ver

“ Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be very sinister indeed'

Donald Trump risks being made a martyr if the Democrats try to impeach or silence him, his friend Nigel Farage warns today.

In his first interview since Trump supporters rioted in the Capitol Building in Washington, Mr Farage, who was in Washington on election day, warns that "if you take Trump out of the picture then what follows Trump could be very sinister indeed".

Speaking to the Telegraph's Trump Card podcast, which you can listen to on the audio player above, he says: "If you take Trump out of the picture, you silence him completely. Then there is a real danger that somebody who is genuinely demagogic comes along."“

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be very sinister indeed'

Glad Farage is sticking his long nose into this

Appease this wannabe demagogue, or an even worse one might come along. That's one approach, another is that Trump suffering no meaningful consequences at all for his actions will do much more to embolden any future authoritarian.
    There were reports (credible ones, I don't know) that some members of congress in the GOP voted to object to states certifying Biden because they were worried about future violence towards them or their families.
    It should go without saying, but none of this is the way to run a democracy.

Comment

Farage is quite correct of course but those who oppose Trump have become so hysterical that they are going to everything necessary to create the next "Trump", but that iteration will be battle-hardened and know exactly what to expect.

They need to confront the forces that created him and do something about the decline of the middle-class and the rise of China. Every civilisation needs it's defining narrative; they are killing it.

But they won't.

Comment

Nah, Trump is unique scumbag just like other well known political scumbags before him who caused a lot of damage - he should be taken out of equation (via jail route ideally).

Comment

I wonder what could be more sinister than a mob storming the capital building looking for politicans to kill? I guess we wouldn't want that Nigel.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
            I wonder what could be more sinister than a mob storming the capital building looking for politicans to kill?
            Mobs roaming the streets, civil war, etc.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              I wonder what could be more sinister than a mob storming the capital building looking for politicans to kill? I guess we wouldn't want that Nigel.
              Same mob only armed with their AR-15s and other legal weapons.

Comment

He has a point, we are moving towards the situation that created Hitler and other despots. The people will be poor and disenfranchised.

They need to change government behaviour.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  He has a point, we are moving towards the situation that created Hitler and other despots.
                  He argues that Trump should be left alone because of that

If Hitler was put into jail for 20 years for his beer putch then a lot of bad things would not have happened, same thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Nah, Trump is unique scumbag just like other well known political scumbags before him who caused a lot of damage - he should be taken out of equation (via jail route ideally).
                    Alexei, when it comes to politics, to say you lack subtlety is the understatement of the year
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X