• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ban on house repossessions extended but cars and goods to be seized within weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housing crash is off the table since 2016 - when I bought me luxury bedsit over a kebab shop...

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      That person should think twice before accepting a job that barey affords to pay livings costs for one month.
      And when senses that things are getting though they should move out of the property and in shares house like the rest of pasents. It’s just double standards.

Society doesn’t care, it wants to give the impression that it does so that people can be manipulated and put people in place.

We have people in their 60’s working at supermarkets or hospitals that would like to resign but they can’t because they won’t receive universal credit. And won’t be able to pay rent and afford food and end up on street. That is the reality.

That is the way society works. If you are poor? Tough luck, go live on the street, but somewhere else so that I can’t see you.

Everything is a joke, people should learn to revolt and stand by what they say. Otherwise the rulling class will abuse and exploit further. GM food after brexit? Paid heathcare? I am sure they will find a way to exploit the gullible idiots that it will be “for their own good”.

Unrelated: I did not get the chance to say it, I am sorry for your loss. I might have sais some acid things in the past... don’t take them personal, sometimes I am a loose canon.

Why should people in their sixties get universal credit from other people in their sixties who have worked all their life and built up a retirement fund or even poor parents?

My Father and in laws worked into their seventies despite battling cancer because they liked working. They just had lots of overseas holidays.

Sadly retirement age is increasing because so many are older and so few pay for their own retirement. Sad as I am for the older workers forced into poorly paid jobs they have had decades to build a nest egg and pension.

Blaming homelessness on the Government alone is a bit vague and unfair.

Even shelter suggests the reasons for being Homeless are normally complex.

What causes homelessness? - Shelter England

Crisis much the same

Everybody In: How to end homelessness in Great Britain | Crisis | Together we will end homelessness

Majority of homeless in London are foreign nationals.

The majority of homeless people in London are foreign nationals | indy100 | indy100

do we home them at the UK's expense or deport them? Will homing them act as a pull factor and make it worse?

Many are veterans of uk armed forces.

How many veterans are homeless in the UK? | The Big Issue

80% have mental health issues

Mental health statistics: homelessness | Mental Health Foundation

We need to hold the government to account, all of them as it has been going this way for decades!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Why should people in their sixties get universal credit from other people in their sixties who have worked all their life and built up a retirement fund or even poor parents?

My Father and in laws worked into their seventies despite battling cancer because they liked working. They just had lots of overseas holidays.

Sadly retirement age is increasing because so many are older and so few pay for their own retirement. Sad as I am for the older workers forced into poorly paid jobs they have had decades to build a nest egg and pension.

Blaming homelessness on the Government alone is a bit vague and unfair.

We need to hold the government to account, all of them as it has been going this way for decades!
        Everyone wants to work and be productive, it's part of how we are. We just don't understand very well what makes us satisfied.
        Being pushed to do meaningless work and feeling captive in a job that you feel is doesn't bring any benefit to anyone... well that is what deteriorates mental health.

A lot of homeless are foreigners because despite of all the touting and the "foreigners being lazy and taking jobs and stealing benefits", if you look closer into it you will see that actually the entitlement for foreigners is minimal. They might get the 400£/week which entitles them to live on the street. Which is slightly better than other tulipholes in europe... but still... sh...

The problem is not how they've dealt with homeless people. It is that the system in itself it is a system of oppression designed to keep working class on low wages so that they can be motivated further and exploited.
        If you look into the financial theory and how inflation works there isn't any mention about making everyone rich.
        All the wealth is funnelled to the 1% and a good percent of people do not actually own any assets during their life because that is how it was intended.

People should be trusted with more freedom, the neo-feudalism system that we have does not serve anyone apart from the ultra-rich.

Comment

Everyone wants to work and be productive, it's part of how we are. We just don't understand very well what makes us satisfied.
          Being pushed to do meaningless work and feeling captive in a job that you feel is doesn't bring any benefit to anyone... well that is what deteriorates mental health.

A lot of homeless are foreigners because despite of all the touting and the "foreigners being lazy and taking jobs and stealing benefits", if you look closer into it you will see that actually the entitlement for foreigners is minimal. They might get the 400£/week which entitles them to live on the street. Which is slightly better than other tulipholes in europe... but still... sh...

The problem is not how they've dealt with homeless people. It is that the system in itself it is a system of oppression designed to keep working class on low wages so that they can be motivated further and exploited.
          If you look into the financial theory and how inflation works there isn't any mention about making everyone rich.
          All the wealth is funnelled to the 1% and a good percent of people do not actually own any assets during their life because that is how it was intended.

People should be trusted with more freedom, the neo-feudalism system that we have does not serve anyone apart from the ultra-rich.

Everyone wants to be productive - how delightfully naïve! Not in my experience.

So do we home & pay migrants when they cant support themselves or undercut the locals, or do we put them on a boat home? Sorry its not our fault their home countries are tulip, there is a limit to what we can do with our welfare system.

Most systems are a tool of oppression they force the productive to subsidise the unproductive, mostly we put up with this when the unproductive are that way because they can't help it.

The majority of wealth is funnelled to the 1% because they tend to generate it, we just need to tax it and share it out better. I don't care if Musk is a multi-multi billionaire I just care he is creating jobs and technology that help people.

I only need an infinitesimal amount of world wealth to be happy. I just need about 100 times that which a poor Indian currently has. As India etc. grow our wealth may shrink or if we manage it correctly the pie will grow.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Everyone wants to be productive - how delightfully naïve! Not in my experience.

So do we home & pay migrants when they cant support themselves or undercut the locals, or do we put them on a boat home? Sorry its not our fault their home countries are tulip, there is a limit to what we can do with our welfare system.
            They are already being put on a boat, the ones on the street give notice to leave country. What I was saying is that they do not have the same safety net as UK nationals. In the bottom end jobs there are gaps between roles, difficult conditions to work in, it's not that hard to fall through the cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
              Half the population have an IQ less than 100.
              It is the banks that shouldnt have made the loans in the first place.
              But reposessing people probably does more damage in the long run, to those being repoed and to society in general.

Are you looking for a reset/ house price crash so you can get on the housing ladder yourself?
              Yes, GigiBronz is to the housing market what Scooty was to the FTSE 100 Both desperate for the 'overpriced' market to crash, and millions to lose £millions, so that they can jump in an make a profit at others expense.

They warm the cockles, so they do
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Yes, GigiBronz is to the housing market what Scooty was to the FTSE 100 Both desperate for the 'overpriced' market to crash, and millions to lose £millions, so that they can jump in an make a profit at others expense.

They warm the cockles, so they do
                What is paying rent? It doesn’t bring anything productive to the economy. But still people fork more than half their income on it. Just keeps the entitles few happy and some parts of the younger generation paying tribute the old one.
                Exactly like in feudalism.

No, actually I am broke.

Comment

What is paying rent? It doesn’t bring anything productive to the economy.
                  It's still a very productive return on the capital backed by the hard work on invididuals who pay said rent.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It's still a very productive return on the capital backed by the hard work on invididuals who pay said rent.

HTH
                    Yes, great productivity, very much productive.

For every two yuppies you could get an old fart to sponge on their income and actually the later is be better off than the first two combined.

I guess when the long hand of the establishment gives a bit of sugar to some parts of society they suddenly they think they have it good and because of great merit.

Reminds me of that senile fellow that thought he was a great businessman to have sold an apartment later than earlier. Excellent businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Housing crash is off the table since 2016 - when I bought me luxury bedsit over a kebab shop...
                      Damned Spekulators taking position on housing. All property is theft! Revolution Komrades!

Comment

Working...
                      X