• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infosys confident in UK market after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    twas ever thus.

Nothing new here. Insource, outsource, offshore, bestshore. Every CIO needs a big thing to do before he goes to balls up the next company.
    Right now it's cloud. the best bet for UK contractors is be ahead of the curve so you get chosen to either do it, or assure what the wobbleheads are doing.
    Also to get skills that are in demand, have a long shelf life, and not easily replicated by IT outsource companies.

I, like at least one other on here (possibly 2), have moved into a niche role that sits between IT and Finance. I build/implement Accounting/Finance systems and processes. Technically not that hard to learn, but you also need to be ideally a qualified accountant and that's the USP for me.

Maybe too old for some on here, but for the younger guys, certainly think about how you can protect your skills and role going forward.

And I did my professional quals in my own time, at my own expense, whilst working full time, when I was in my 20's so there are no excuses really. I topped this up with an MBA, again own time and expense, in my 30's whilst also working full time. Takes a bit of planning and hard work but it is possible to protect yourself from outsourcing.

OK, I'll get off my soap box now
    Last edited by Whorty; 27 January 2021, 12:14.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
    X