• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infosys confident in UK market after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infosys confident in UK market after Brexit

“IT giant is among a number of Indian companies looking to capitalise on new trading arrangements to expand in Britain

The chief executive of Infosys, one of the world’s largest IT companies, said he is confident about the UK market after years of uncertainty in the run-up to Brexit.

Salil Parekh, who took over the role in 2018, said Infosys plans to expand in the UK and Europe now that Britain and the EU have agreed a trade deal. “The uncertainty is behind us,” he said.

Infosys, which had revenues of $12.8bn last year, manages IT systems for many of the world’s biggest companies and in recent years has shifted focus to digital services such as cloud computing.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “IT giant is among a number of Indian companies looking to capitalise on new trading arrangements to expand in Britain

The chief executive of Infosys, one of the world’s largest IT companies, said he is confident about the UK market after years of uncertainty in the run-up to Brexit.

Salil Parekh, who took over the role in 2018, said Infosys plans to expand in the UK and Europe now that Britain and the EU have agreed a trade deal. “The uncertainty is behind us,” he said.

Infosys, which had revenues of $12.8bn last year, manages IT systems for many of the world’s biggest companies and in recent years has shifted focus to digital services such as cloud computing.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Sunak finally managed to boost his wife business by making sure IR35 is implemented at the worse time possible AND forcing many company directors out of business by excluding them from furlough support.
    Last edited by cwah; 15 January 2021, 07:09.

Comment

Who would have thought that bringing people in on 26k and selling them out at £1000pd is not a great business.
      Oh wait the visa is linked to the role and they can send people back home anytime and bare no responsibility for it.
      It is an excellent business.

What could be their limiting factor? The amount of available plane seats or the number of roles available to fill?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        Who would have thought that bringing people in on 26k and selling them out at £1000pd is not a great business.
        Oh wait the visa is linked to the role and they can send people back home anytime and bare no responsibility for it.
        It is an excellent business.

What could be their limiting factor? The amount of available plane seats or the number of roles available to fill?
        Number of roles to fill - a lot of companies won't trust outsourcing firms.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Rishi's Billion-Pound Bonanza.

Cooked up by 650 self-serving, elected Civil Servants. Remember who you voted for...Labour & Tories have enabled this.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            a lot of companies won't trust outsourcing firms.
            Mainly those who've experience of using them!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why? you bring it in and treat it like yourself. it just comes out of a different budget and you can replace at anytime without recruiting effort and without showing on your team turnover.
              It's perfect.

If the bod doesn't cooperate you patronise him and threat to send him back.

Comment

Quite like Infosys at the moment. They came in with an urgent order just before Christmas which I managed to fulfill and has now arrived at their site, just waiting to be installed. May well have some impact on financial services but I can't talk about that...Payment has also been received
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You would be amazed! Pretty much every company I have contracted, there has been a CIO type chap who has decided to bring in a Infosys/wipro and show the management that he has saved them millions.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I doubt it.

It always comes down to money. And that includes backhanders and bonuses. Management in charge don't care about long term results provided by the offshore firms, because they're (management) not around long enough to suffer from the fallout.

Comment

Working...
                    X